Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We made a trip to Texas...Roadhouse that is to celebrate Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to Brett who is a wonderful husband and father and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. It is so fun to watch Brett's relationships with the kids. Cade adores him and loves talking movies, legos, sports, etc. with him. Maddi has him wrapped around her little finger and she loves cuddling with him and teasing him about how many boyfriends she has. Maddi and Cade don't know how lucky they are that they have such a warm and caring father who loves them so much and is so much a part of their lives. Father's Day is a hard day for me since my dad has passed, but it's always so fun to see the kids and their excitement for Brett and his love for them. Texas Roadhouse was delish as usual. Love those rolls and cinnamon butter!
We had some neighbors over for a cookout Saturday night, so we stayed up quite late. Cade slept in until 7:20 which is a wonderful gift in itself. After waking up and cleaning up and getting ready, we headed over to the Oswego Prariefest Parade. Cade was on a float for a kennell that his friend's parents own. He was excited to throw out candy, but was dissapointed that he only got to throw it and not eat it.

Here are the boys on the kennell float. Keep in mind that we live in a small suburb and their floats are very "small town". It was a cute parade, but nothing like the Neiman Marcus Children's Parade that we used to go to in Dallas. The kids kept saying "these floats are so tiny. These aren't what I thought it would be." Yes, children, you are not in Texas anymore. Remember that everything is bigger (and better) in Texas. Did I just say that? Not everything is better in Texas, but a lot of things are!



Maddi was on the float for her dance studio. They wore recital costumes and sat on the float and waved. She didn't get to throw candy, but she was so excited when she waved to several of her friends from school. I showed her the parade wave. You know, elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist. She did the wave very well. Brett and I sat with Emily's parents and watched the parade. It was kind of weird to be at a parade and watch your kids IN it rather than watch it WITH the kids. I told the kids I'd catch candy for them since they were on the floats and couldn't catch it themselves. I felt so weird pushing the other kids out of the way to get the candy. No, I didn't push kids out of the way. But I did pick some off the street twice and it did feel goofy, so that was all the candy they got.


No comments: