Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Funny Stuff

Since I'm using this blog as a scrapbook/baby album I have to document some funny things that I'll want to remember down the road. Speaking of which, I know there are sights where you can have your blog printed out and I did a quick google search but didn't find much. Any of my blogging friends who know of a good site that will print blogs, please let me know. So on to the funny things...

Last week my sweet sleep walking Maddi girl was at it again. We heard noises upstairs and Cade had been coughing so Brett went to check on Cade to see if he was up and looking for us to do his inhaler. As Brett left and walked through the foyer to go upstairs Maddi came down the stairs and through the dining room to see me in the living room. I couldn't quite tell if Maddi was awake or not. Sometimes she takes a while to fall asleep so I was thinking she was coming down to tell us her music was off and she can't fall asleep and ask us to start the music and pat her so she could fall asleep. I asked her what she was doing and her reply was "just doin". I still wasn't quite sure what she said and if she was awake or not so I asked again what she was doing and I clearly heard "just doin" followed by a big yawn and she snuggled up on my lap. I then knew she was sleep walking and couldn't wait for Brett to come back down and find her sitting on my lap. Brett and I were cracking up at our little sleep walker who was "just doin" and laughing at how they didn't cross paths as he went up the stairs and she came down. Living with a sleep walker is always fun!
One of the worst parts of winter and snow is the fact that Cocoa gets covered in snow and we have to blow dry her to melt the snow and then blow dry her to dry her hair so she isn't freezing. After dealing with it for 2 winters now I picked up some doggy snow shoes at Petco. I tried them on her front paws and she wasn't thrilled with them. There is a video at the bottom of her trying to run in her new shoes. I'm hoping she'll learn to like them so we can keep some of the snow off of her. She used to not like her coat on until we moved here. Now she sees her coat and stays very still so we can put it on her because she's realized life is much better when she can stay warm. I have been looking for a snow suit too so we can avoid blow drying around the clock.
Meet Buddy the 5th or 6th (we've lost count). 3 years ago when Maddi got Cocoa we got Cade a fish. Supposedly Beta fish are very hardy and live forever. They do not live long in our house. Cade talks about his fish Buddy all the time and acts like he is very attached to him yet he never feeds him or talks to him or pays any attention to him. When the first Buddy died we replaced it without telling Cade. Buddy #2 went to fishy heaven so we decided it was ok to tell Cade and that he'd probably care less. The poor boy was CRUSHED. So each time "Buddy" makes a visit to fish heaven we just replace him without anyone knowing. In fact, when we were moving to Chicago we were going to leave Buddy to live with Grammy. Cade was heart broken that Buddy wasn't coming with us so Grammy "mailed" Buddy to us after we moved. (read between the lines) A few weeks ago when Brett was in China, we forgot to feed Buddy. In fact we totally forgot about Buddy at all. When Brett got home he went to check on him and found him belly up. I felt horrible...how long had he been that way? So we didn't tell Cade and we also didn't replace him. It's been 5 weeks since Buddy visited the porcelain throne and Cade has not EVEN noticed. Cade still talks about Buddy and even told me last night to put the game back on the shelf where Buddy is. Hello...Buddy isn't there! It's just a tank with water Cade. Pay attention to your poor little fishy!
I wanted to wait and see how long it takes for Cade to notice but Brett (nice dad that he is) is afraid Cade will be devistated so tonight Buddy rose again! Funny thing is that Maddi knows Buddy is in fish heaven but we told her not to tell Cade. Now I wonder how long it will take Cade or Maddi to realize that Buddy might look a little different than he did when they last saw him. The things parents do to keep their kids spirits up!
Here is the video of Cocoa trying to run in her snow shoes. Funny stuff!


No comments: