Sunday, April 18, 2010

Randomness

A whole bunch of randomness that has taken place in the last week.

The kids finally had a lemonade stand with the neighbors last weekend. It was 70 degrees and sunny but very windy. They each made $1.66 so they were happy campers. They are hard workders and even ate their lunch outside. No lunch break for them!

Emalyn had her first taste of peas...

...and she is NOT a fan! I tried mixing some peas into her cereal during the week and she would eat it if I only put a little bit of peas in there. If there was too much peas, she wouldn't eat it. We tried carrots yesterday and she's not a fan of carrots either. She loves her cereal and she makes a "mmmm" sound as she eats it. So cute!

She was happy after I stopped torturing her with peas! I love that baby. I told Brett that I am so sad that she's getting so big. He, of course, replied by saying we could try to have another baby. I said, no way. He then said we could adopt a baby and I again said not a chance. I don't feel the need for any more children in our family, I just want this one to stay little forever.

We always have so many bunnies around. One day Cocoa was barking like crazy and Brett walked over to find this little guy right outside our front window.

Ugh. It's baby bird season again. Our first morning after we got home from Texas I saw a red robin builing a nest. I went to run some errands and came back to find the whole nest built. Later that day I saw some doves in the nest. Each day we'd see doves and red robins around the nest. Well, apparently the doves knocked the robin eggs out of the nest (they were on the ground by the front door all cracked/smashed) and have laid their own eggs. I watched the robin and dove stare at each other for a few minutes and then decided to get the camera to document it. Crazy birds!

This baby just loves her feet!

Cocoa and Emalyn are very curious about each other. I love the way they were checking each other out.

Emalyn showing off her rolling skills. She now rolls from front to back and back to front. I know this only the beginning of the end of life as we know it. Not much longer and we won't be able to leave her alone because she'll be rolling/crawling and getting into things.

No comments: