August 12th, the day Cade looks forward to every year, the day of Cade. He woke up bright and early (although not nearly as early in some years past) and was ready to start celebrating his birthday.
We always start birthdays with present from the family in the morning before school/work. Cade was checking out the Nano Bug Habitat that Omie sent to him.
He liked the card I made him with our 8 favorite things about Cade!
Then he opened presents from his sisters and here he is giving hugs to them to say thanks for his gifts.
Even Maddi got a hug from Cade and she commented that it was the first time he's ever hugged her. A bit of an exageration, but it is rare that those two hug.
Then it was time to check out the toys. Emalyn really liked the nano bugs and their habitat! Cade and Maddi thought it was so fun to watch her get so excited about them.
A little later that morning we headed to Chuck E Cheese. Cade laughed at the thought of having his party there but he was sure excited to go there. They'll probably outgrow it soon, but they'll still get to go there because of their little sister, which I think will be a good excuse to get to do such a "little kid thing."
I love the look on the girls faces! They were riding a horse and it was actually too rough for Emalyn and I pulled her off the ride right after this picture.
This little firetruck ride was more her speed.
The big balloon was very interesting to Emalyn.
Later that evening it was time for the big birthday bash! I knew it could be hot having a party in the middle of August, but it happened to be the hottest day of our whole summer and maybe even the hottest day since we've lived here. Oh well, the kids were good sports about it and they had water activities. It did cool off after the first hour or so. The party started at 5:00 with slip and slides and jumping on the trampoline. Then it was time for Water Balloon Fights!!!!
It was kind of like water balloon dodge ball. Brett and Cade made about 40 water ballons a few days before and they left them outside in a bucket and they all popped the next day. So then they made about 150 the next night and put them in a cooler in the laundry room. The next day Maddi, Cade, Grace, Jack and Andrew made about 100 more all by themselves. They did so great making the balloons and all the kids had a blast playing with them.
A few kids got nailed, even in the face, but none of them were made, hurt, cried, etc.
Little Emalyn had to sit on the sidelines and watch, but she enjoyed watching all those crazy kids.
Next, it was time for pizza and birthday cake!
Closing his eyes, making his wish...
and now blowing...
Candles are out and now it's time to act like the crazy 8 year old boy that he is!
It was an ice cream cake and I'd say the kids enjoyed it!
After cake we went on a scavenger hunt. My team won, but we all had fun! Then it was pinata time. I cracked up when a kid said, "Mrs. McDonald, I thought they had pinatas at Mexican celebrations!" After pinata, Cade opened presents and then the party was over. Cade has been wanting his party at home for several years and it was fun, but I think from now on, we'll have it at a place. I like showing up for the party, having fun, and heading home. Cade had a blast and was very thankful for his party and had a great day and that makes it all worth it. We love you so much Bugaboo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment