Monday, December 6, 2010

First Snow


We had our first accumilating snow this past weekend. We were in Indianapolis for Cade's swim meet so the kids didn't get to play in it until Monday. Cade was wheezing very badly from asthma and I took him to the doctor before we left for the meet and the dr. said Cade should not swim because he just wasn't moving enough air. He was so upset and really wanted to swim, so we let him. We did talk with his coaches and told them to take him out of the 100 yard races and we kept a close eye on him, but fortunately the oral steroid worked quickly and Cade was able to swim and did so great. He placed in the top 10 boys for every event. I'm glad it all worked out ok with us going against the doctors orders. Asthma is not a fun thing for a child to live with and it didn't seem fair for him to miss out on something he's really been looking forward to through no fault of his own.

Anyway, we got home late Sunday night and Cade asked what time he could go outside to play in the snow Monday morning. I told him 7:00. I was still in bed at that time, but at 7:00 on the dot, I heard the back door open and Cade was out and playing in the snow. Maddi would have joined him except she had homework she had to do since we were gone all weekend. I hope the kids always enjoy the snow as much as they have the past 4 years.

He was trying to throw snow balls but it was so cold that the snow wasn't sticking, it was just blowing right back into his face.

After school, the kids were out enjoying the snow. They were eating icicles while jumping on the trampoline. So different from my childhood in Texas!

It was about 18 degrees for a high today but the kids didn't seem to mind.

Miss Emalyn had her first experience in the snow. Maddi and Cade were so excited for her to come out and play with them....

....she was not so happy to be out in the snow!

Not a happy snow bunny at all. It could have been because Cade pushed her down so she could "feel" the snow, or maybe it was because it was so stinking cold, or maybe she didn't like the snow pants, jacket, and/or hat.

Whatever the reason was, Emalyn did not enjoy her first snow experience!

Look at that face, even a tear under her eye! Is that bad that I made her stay out there so I could get these pictures of her?!?

Even big sister Maddi couldn't make Maddi happy. I think Emalyn was telling Maddi that she wanted to move to Texas so she didn't have to endure the winter. Ha!

No comments: