Friday, February 25, 2011

This, That, and the Other

I've got some things to catch up on!

Cade had his last swim meet of his season last weekend. He did AMAZING! He beat his times in every event, including droppoing 11 seconds in the 100 free. He ended up scoring the most points for all 8 and under boys. It was so nice for him to have an activity throughout the winter to keep him in shape and let him burn some energy and it was a bonus that he did so well and got some recognition. Now we're trying to decide if he's going to do the long course season and if he does do long course, will he continue long course along with baseball and summer swim team? Makes me tired thinking about having all 3 things going on at once.

Last Saturday night, Maddi went to a birthday party for her friend, Kate, from dance. Kate has "Beiber Fever" so they went to see the new Justin Beiber movie. Maddi was not a fan of Justin going into it but after seeing the movie, she might have the "fever". Kate's mom said Maddi and Kate were squealing quite often during the movie.

All the girls at the party.

Monday was President's day so the kids had a day off of school. We had a dr. appointment for Maddi and then Brett took Emalyn home and I took Maddi and Cade to an indoor water park.

Cade was waiting for the big bucket of water to fall on him.

It was a small water park, it only had two slides, but the lines weren't long at all to ride the slides. They slides were so fun and the lifeguard suggested we ride the tube slide backwards and that was the best! It was nice to spend time with just Maddi and Cade. I can't remember the last time it was just me and the older two kids. We finished off the day at Sweet Tomatoes for dinner, one of their favorite places because of all the desserts!

Other things I've missed out on posting, Maddi's Valentine Party. It's always fun to attend the parties and see the kids at their craziest.

My sweet girl!

Maddi with some of her friends.

This is the class playing "stack the hearts". They had a minute to stack up conversation hearts as high as they could. The kids loved it. We also played a few round of Valentine Bingo. It was a fun party.

After the parties, it was time to check out all the candy and valentine cards. Good thing Emalyn has no idea what all that candy is. She thought it was fun to look at and carry around.

Maddi and Cade thought it was fun to look at but they thought it was more fun to EAT it!

Other things this month:
*I backed up into our neighbors boyfriends car. I was in a hurry one night and heard a crunching sound but thought it was a pile of ice/snow. Cade yelled "Mom, you're hitting that car!" I was like, "WHAT, HOW?" Then I looked in the screen with the camera on my car, and sure enough I hit their car. It never even beeped at me, but I really never use that camera. Perhaps I should. The car was parked in the street and the sad part is, I was in a hurry to drop off the kids at a friends for AWANA so I could go teach my class, so I called them and left a message that I hit AJ's car but would be home after 7:00 and could talk to them then. He never called us, so we called them a few days later and the guy doesn't even care and doesn't want his car fixed. Really? Thank you! Nothing was wrong with my car, but his bumper was cracked and needed replacing. I. must. slow. down. and. pay. attention!

*This last week was one of our toughest with Miss Maddi. We went back to her doctor Monday and got the results of her teachers and our surveys for ADHD. Her classroom teacher showed significant behaviors of ADHD, and ours showed mild. We decided to try her on ADHD meds to see if it would help her focus and have more success at school. Ever since it was mentioned that Maddi might have some attention issues, she has talked about having trouble focusing while at school. She tends to do this, like the self-fulfilling prophecy (it's part of her anxiety). She was on meds for 3 days and it was AWFUL! She was a basket case, crying and so sad and saying she didn't feel like herself. The only good thing that came of it is that it showed she clearly is not ADHD, but rather, her anxiety is still causing her from reaching her full potential academically. So, we have increased her anxiety meds in hopes that it will help her to relax and not worry so much about her school work. It breaks my heart to see Maddi so sad and to watch her struggle with school. She's actually doing much better academically than the first of the year. She recently graduated from speech and that's exciting! Anyone that knows Maddi knows she has a heart of gold. She says and does things that amaze me. At AWANA the other night, they were buying things with the shares they've earned. Maddi used her shares to buy something for a special needs girl who wanted something she didn't have enough money to buy. It brought her more joy to make that girl happy than to get something for herself. That's just how she is, so selfless and kind.

*Emalyn had a stomach bug Thursday. It was so strange. She didn't eat much dinner and then I was doing dishes and she walked over to me and coughed a bit and then threw up. Luckily Maddi and Cade were home, so they held her while I cleaned it all up. She continued vomiting for 3 hours. It was so sad, she would vomit, her eyes would roll back and she's sleep for a bit until she would vomit again. I just held her in the recliner because I didn't want her vomiting in her crib and laying in it. At around 9:00 p.m., she woke up and tried to grab my water from me. I hadn't given her anything to eat or drink for fear that it would just come back up. I figured it was time to give her some liquid even if it just made her sick again. She drank 1 1/2 cups of juice/water and ate a banana and then ran around like she was fine. I put her in bed at 10:00 p.m. and she slept all night and never got sick again. Friday she had a slight fever and didn't have an appetite all day. She's slowing getting her appetite back and is feeling a little better each day. Poor baby.

*I think it's safe to say, I'm ready for March. February was cold and dreary and just not the best month. Come on March and come on warmth!

No comments: