Thursday, November 8, 2012

Maddi Turns 12-Hotel Style

My Maddison Shea turned 12 this year. 12! One year away from a teenager. Time flies when you're having fun and I can say for sure, having Maddi as a daughter is surely fun! I couldn't be more proud of Miss Maddi. We are truely blessed to have Maddi as our little girl. To celebrate Maddi's birthday, we got two hotel rooms at the local Hamtpon Inn. Best idea for a birthday party ever. It was soooo easy on my end. No prep work or clean up. Once we got to the rooms, Maddi, Jane and Abby started decorating the room. Maddi realized it's good to have tall friends :)

We got adjoining rooms so this is the doorway between the rooms.

Maddi is actually the oldest of her friends, but she is on the small side. I am curious to see how tall she ends up being. I'm pretty sure she'll be shorter than me. I always thought it might be nice to be a little shorter than I am, so Maddi might like being on the smaller side.

After all the girls got to the hotel, we went down to the lobby and ate the pizza I had delivered.

Then it was time for cookie cake!

Cade went to a Halloween party for school with a friend and Brett was stuck in traffic, so it was me and Emma with Maddi and six of her friends. Maddi's friends are all super sweet girls and were so fun to be around.

Making a wish...look at Emma's grump face.

For 12 years I've been telling Maddi to stop playing with her food. She used her extra icing as finger paint. Ugh. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I don't play with my food anymore, so maybe she'll stop one day too. The girls were telling ghost stories. I love the look on Maddi's face.

After pizza and cake, we went upstairs for presents. Brett was at the hotel by then. Maddi loved all of her presents.

She got several packages of Oreos. She is an Oreo lover!

Then it was time to burn off some energy at the pool. There was a group of 2nd grade boys that was just finishing a pool party when we got to the pool area. We had the pool to ourselves the rest of the night.

Two sweet girls...Maddi and Kate. It's so weird to think that Maddi will be celebrating the rest of her birthdays with a whole different group of girls after we move. I hope Maddi meets girls that are just as sweet.

I love that my 12 year old daughter is plugging her nose before she jumps in the pool. Pretty sure I did the same thing at that age. lol


The girls swam and played for about 2 hours, I think. They had chicken fights, played Marco Polo, played I've never, and several other games. They all got along amazingly and it was fun to be a fly on the wall watching them. Brett and Emma left after about 30-45 minutes of swimming. Emma was tired and ready to go home.


After swimming, we went up to the room for snacks. They decided not to go back swimming but just hung out in the room. They did interesting makeup on each other.

They filmed it to put on youtube too. They called our two rooms back and forth, tried prank calling some of their friends, and just hung out for a while. Then they all of a sudden said they were going to sleep. It sounded fishy to me. Maddi asked how fast I fall asleep, I knew they were up to something. One of the girls in my room asked if I was going to play on my phone all night. I told her I would play on it to stay awake until they all fell asleep. Sometime between 1 and 2 everyone was asleep and I went to sleep too. I found out in the morning that their plan was when I fell asleep they were going to put some crazy makeup on me. I was impressed that I managed to stay awake longer than the girls :)

Brett, Emma and Cade came back to the hotel to eat breakfast with us. Another great part of having the party at the hotel...no breakfast prep or clean up! Turns out that Emma and Brett basically didn't sleep all night after they went home. Emma had a terrible cough and cried for Mommy all night. We ended up taking her to the doctor after the party and found out she had croup. After a few days of steroids and breathing treatments, she was feeling much better. Poor baby.

The girsl opening their party favors. It worked out well that Cade had a school event to go to because he would have drove the girls crazy the whole time. The girls got picked up at 10:00 a.m. I didn't have to clean up anything more than the hotel rooms. It was the greatest party ever as far as prep and cleanup. It really was fun and I think we will do this kind of party again for sure. The best part is that I got the two rooms free with hotel points :)

This was Maddi reading Cade's card on her actual birthday, which was a Tuesday this year.

Cade looks like he's ready for Halloween. He and a friend bumped heads and Cade ended up with a goose egg over his eye and a nasty black eye.

Pretty little birthday girl! Maddi had a great birthday this year. At school, her friends decorated her locker and had it announced that it was her birthday at lunch. She had dance that night and took a cookie cake to celebrate. 12 has been very good to Maddi so far, let's hope it continues! Happy Birthday Maddison Shea.

No comments: