Friday, October 25, 2013
State Fair Fun
One of the things I've missed over the years living in Chicago was the State Fair of Texas. We finally had time to go on the last day of the fair this year. It was a gorgeous day and we had a great time as a family. Emma started out quite grumpy and didn't want to smile for a picture with Big Tex. I told her I'd have this picture forever because it was her first picture with Big Tex. She didn't care. This year there is a new Big Tex since it burned down last year.
Cade has become obsessed with cars lately. I'm going to blame it on my nephew Paul. When they spent time together this summer, they started "calling" cars while driving. This has led Cade to researching cars and learning more facts than I could ever imagine knowing about cars. He rattles off information to me non stop while we are driving. Needless to say, he was quite excited to test drive a Camaro with Brett and go to the car show at the fair.
Cade is trying to figure out the best career so he can earn enough money to buy all the cars he wants. He was saddened to learn a bull rider doesn't make the kind of money he wants to make. I guess he has thought being a bull rider would be a great career since we went to the Mesquite Rodeo a few months ago. lol
We all enjoyed the dog show at the fair. This dog Maddi is with was missing a leg but it was amazing how far he could jump into the water to catch the Frisbee.
Cade's favorite food at the fair was fried gator.
Maddi's favorite food was her caramel apple.
Maddi and Cade only went on one ride. It was the one that spins around and the floor drops. They loved it! Here they are getting on the ride.
Emma had a very hard time choosing and decided to ride the mermaid ride because it had bubbles.
She also went on the baby swing.
Maddi was excited to help Emma do the "little hands on the farm". Maddi remembers doing this as a child and loved it.
Emma really enjoyed it too! It's crazy to think the last time we were at the fair, Cade was Emma's age.
These two sweet girls enjoyed looking at the animals outside the petting zoo. We didn't go in the petting zoo because the line was so long. It was insanely crowded the day we went. I heard they even cancelled the parade that night because there were so many people, the floats wouldn't be able to get through.
I'm so thankful to be back in the great state of Texas and I'm thankful for spending family time with the four most special people in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment