Sunday, July 29, 2007

Kitchen Sink

Maddi had tryouts for the competitive dance team at her dance studio and she was very nervous about it. To calm her nerves I told her we would go and celebrate her hard work and efforts by going to the Colonial Cafe which is a restaraunt that is known for it's ice cream. They serve a banana split in a kitchen sink. The kids couldn't wait to get their spoons in there!
A kitchen sink has 6 scoops of ice cream, 3 toppings, 2 bananas, whipped cream, nuts, and cherries. Doesn't it look pretty? It didn't stay pretty for long!
This is what was left over. Me, Brett, and the kids couldn't finish it all. We had 1 1/2 bananas left, some vanilla ice cream, melted whip cream, and other mush. Next time we're getting another flavor instead of vanilla. Who needs vanilla?
Along with the kitchen sink you get a bumper sticker to show off what a pig you are! One for each of our cars....I don't think so. Notice Maddi is wearing Brett's wifebeater undershirt. She was still wearing her leotard and tights from dance and was freezing. Brett got tired of her complaining so her took her to the bathroom with him and took off his undershirt and made her wear it so she'd be warm. I guess if our children are going to dress like that we should get those bumper stickers on our cars, huh?

So, Maddi's dance auditions went well. We'll know Tuesday if she made the team or not. Poor girl can't stop thinking about it. I think she'll make it, but it will be a very sad day at our house if she doesn't make it. It's hard to take rejection, especially for a 6 year old. They learned a ballet, lyrical, tap and jazz routine and there were four judges. They performed the dances in groups and if 3 out of 4 judges thought they were good enough then they are in. If only 2 said yes, then they would dance again and see if a 3rd judge would agree to let them in. Maddi said she only did the dances once, so I guess that's a good sign. There were a lot more girls than I thought there would be, so I don't know if they will all get in or not. We can check online for the results on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: