Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trip home from Arkansas

So to break up the 10 hour trip back from Arkansas we stopped at the St. Loius Zoo. It was a really nice zoo and we were happy to get out and stretch our legs for awhile. The only problem was that it was 100+ and we were there between 3 and 5, the hottest times of the the day. The kids loved the fan mister and stayed in front of them as long as possible. We also enjoyed the 45 degree penguin exhibit and A/C bird house.
How cute is that bear? He was lying down and then when he saw the kids he stood up like that. I thought only circus beards could do that!
We got to see all of the bears get fed fish. That was so cool. The keeper would chunk fish in the homes and they would catch them in their mouth, pull them out of their swimming pool. Sometimes they'd rip them apart and other times they'd swallow them whole. It was fun to watch. This polar bear is about to rip the little fishy in half that's laying by her feet.
There's a bear in the background catching fish.
Amy T., this is for you. This was taken out of the window as we were zooming down the highway. Click on the pic and you can see the St. Louis Cardinals in red writing and people walking down the ramps because the game was over. The arch is in the background. That's how I sightsee...80 miles an hour!
I know she'll kill me someday for this, but I couldn't resist. She looks like she's catching bugs while sleeping. They crashed out after the zoo.

Notice how Cade just looks like a boy. He's sweaty, his mouth is dirty from a ring pop and he's drooling on his shirt. I love my boy to death but thank goodness I only have one of these creatures!

No comments: