
Friday the kids were out of school for a teacher workday so we headed to the city for Maddi's 7th Birthday Celebration #2. I can hardly believe my little girl is a SEVEN year old!
Grammy, Maddi and Cade passed time on the train ride in by playing rock, paper, scissors.

The first stop was the Lego store. This stop wasn't for Maddi's b-day but to keep Cade happy and quiet during the next stop which was American Girl Place. The kids and Grammy and Aunt Shirly had fun building at the Lego Store.

I finally thought to ask for a window seat when I made reservations at American Girl. Our view was of Water Tower place on Michigan Avenue. It was so much fun.

This is the dessert course of the lunch with a heart shaped sugar cookie, a heart shaped cake and a chocolate moose flower pot. Maddi's had a candle and she is making a birthday wish.

Grammy wanted a doll to sit next to her too, so she borrowed one from American Girl.

Cade borrowed the high chair for his Lego Bionicle to sit in and he was thrilled. I think he thinks the chair is pretty cool, but he would never let a doll sit next to him.

After eating all three desserts, the kids were hopped up on sugar but we attempted a family photo anyway. We were cracking up when we saw it because Cade and Maddi look like a two headed person.

This is the first time Brett has ventured out with us to Lego and American Girl and it was so handy to have him around to carry bags, coats, etc.

Maddi was sleeping in Cade's trundle bed since we had family visiting. It was a fun and busy day so we told them they could talk for a few minutes before going to bed. An hour later they were still talking so I told them if they weren't asleep when I got out of the shower the were in big trouble. I came back to find them not only asleep, but all smashed up sleeping in the same bed. How sweet is that? The next morning I found out that Cade jumped in with Maddi and she had no idea. As sweet as they looked, I figured neither one of them would get a god nights rest so I moved Cade back in his bed. Looking at my sleeping children melts my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment