This was a quick pic before we headed into the city. Instead of taking a big trip for our 10 year anniversary, Brett bought me a new diamond and wedding/engagement ring set. The ring he gave me was his grandmother's and he wanted to buy me a ring since he was never able to. Isn't that sweet?
Saturday evening we went for a nice dinner at Tavern on Rush. It was very good and we enjoyed looking out the window and people watching while eating. This pic is of my dessert. It was yummy!
After dinner we went to see Wicked. It was fabulous! I had heard it was really good, but thought I didn't really care much to see a musical about the witches of Wizard of Oz. After seeing it, I realized I am interested in the witches from Oz and it was such a good story.

This was intermission at Wicked. Gotta love those self portraits! My mom always said that couples start to look like each other as they grow older. 10 years and I don't see us looking like each other. What do you think? My mom and dad never looked anything like each other either, so we'll see what happens!
Sunday morning we walked over to Millenium Park. I always love going there and checking out the "bean". This is a reflection of the buildings on Michigan seen on the bean. Then we got on the "L" and headed to Wrigleyville for a Cubs game.
We spent the hour before the game shopping for a t-shirt for me. Brett had found his shirt Saturday while we were shopping on Michigan. Man, I'm picky. Finally found a t-shirt and then we headed in for the game.

Well, once we got inside and found we were in the shade (as much of the stadium was), we were FREEZING! Even Brett. So after the first inning we headed to the gift shop (where we waiting in line to get in b/c so many people were buying jackets, sweatshirts, etc.) to buy some warmer Cubs gear. Now that we were warm, we could enjoy the game and it was great. Cubs won!
After we got home the kids wanted to put on their Cubs shirts and we decided to get a family photo in our Chicago Cubs gear. We are starting to like the Chicago sports teams but we are TEXANS and we will always be Cowboy fans before the Bears.
Monday morning was Field Day at the kids school. Maddi was tired and also grumpy. Don't you love the grump face!?! She was mad that I made her put sunscreen on. I'm so mean! Of course it didn't help her mood that Omie was leaving at lunchtime and Daddy will be gone until Thursday night. Good byes are not Maddi's thing and having to say goodbye to Omie and Daddy on the same day was not a good thing.

Usually Cade is my oppostitional child but luckily this morning Cade was all for taking pictures while his sister was busy throwing big ol fits about having to take a picture. This was the only time I got pictures of Omie with the kids because we were gone for most of Omie's visit. Silly me.
Maddi says she was smiling in this picture. I guess she was TRYING to smile in the middle of crying. Poor girl.

Later at field day Maddi was out of her bad mood and having fun. Omie got to help with that too. The kids loved that Omie came to their school Friday and Monday. Then it was off to the airport for Omie.
Monday night Cade had his first baseball game. I showed him this picture and told him I caught him not paying attention. His reply was "mom. I can see through the holes in the glove, you know."
Check out that swing! Actually we'll be practicing that swing quite a bit. Poor guy struck out 3 times last night. He played t-ball last year and this year he's on Rookie ball where the coach pitches and they only get 3 swings and they're out. He had the saddest look on his face the first time he struck out and he realized he wouldn't get to run the bases.
This was intermission at Wicked. Gotta love those self portraits! My mom always said that couples start to look like each other as they grow older. 10 years and I don't see us looking like each other. What do you think? My mom and dad never looked anything like each other either, so we'll see what happens!
Well, once we got inside and found we were in the shade (as much of the stadium was), we were FREEZING! Even Brett. So after the first inning we headed to the gift shop (where we waiting in line to get in b/c so many people were buying jackets, sweatshirts, etc.) to buy some warmer Cubs gear. Now that we were warm, we could enjoy the game and it was great. Cubs won!
Usually Cade is my oppostitional child but luckily this morning Cade was all for taking pictures while his sister was busy throwing big ol fits about having to take a picture. This was the only time I got pictures of Omie with the kids because we were gone for most of Omie's visit. Silly me.
Later at field day Maddi was out of her bad mood and having fun. Omie got to help with that too. The kids loved that Omie came to their school Friday and Monday. Then it was off to the airport for Omie.
Tomorrow is Cade's last day of kindergarden and Thursday is Maddi's last day of first grade. Summer break is fast approaching.
2 comments:
Fun pictures!
Happy 10th Anniversary!
Maddi and Ashlyn remind me so much of each other. Ashlyn doesn't like good-byes either!!
Also, I can't believe Cade only gets 3 pitches from the coach before he strikes out....what if the coach throws a bad ball....then Cade only gets 2 chances?!?! Time to complain...hehehe!!
Love your dress!
No you and Brett look nothing alike. If I ever start to look like Jeff please shoot me!
-EBD
Post a Comment