Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a Day!

Today started out as one of those days that you just want to stay in bed forever. You look at the clock and you aren't sure if it's 7:00 am or pm. It was raining a nice hard rain so it was dark and the raindrops were so soothing. My personal alarm clock (Cade) came in with love for his mommy and then started worrying/whining about football. He has started freaking out about school, football, church, awanas, anything and everything. Drives. me. nuts. Anyway, I had to get out of bed and eat breakfast and get dressed because Maddi had another appointment at the allergist. I woke Maddi up at 8:00 (I'm sure she would have slept until noon if she could have) and it was a struggle every step of the way to get her out the door for her appointment. We are going to start allergy shots this week, but we had to do more testing to make sure she was/wasn't allergic to a few things before starting the shots. Let's just say she was less than thrilled about this appointment. First she refused to get out of the car, then refused to get out of the elevator, then wouldn't go in the office, wouldn't go back when the nurse called her, freaked out when she found she would have 8 shots in her arms (ok, I'd freak out too, but don't tell her) and ran out of the room and down the hallway. Another nurse came in to hold her down to give her the shots but then she decided to cooperate and ended up being such a trooper and such a good girl and let the one nurse give them to her without any trouble. She wasn't allergic to these things and I was happy, but it made Maddi mad because she said she told me she didn't need that test and shots anyway because she knew she wasn't allergic to those things. Keep her in your prayers as we start shots Friday that she will tolerate them well and that in time we will see improvement in her skin and allergies.

So while I'm having all this fun with Maddi, Brett is at home battling Cade every step of the way to get ready for football. It was the kids first full week of school and they both had late nights with friends last night so they are exhausted and it really showed in their moods this morning. Maddi and I met them at the game after the allergist and we were so happy that in the first half we didn't have any rain. Then the skies opened and it rained and it poured and rained and poured. They don't cancel football unless it's lightening. That's why I like dance (it's indoor and it's never cold, hot, rainy, snowy, etc.) Once again, I put my big girl pants on and dealt with the rain even though I'm phobic of getting wet in my clothes. Cade is on the kickoff return team (he's just another player out there, he's not reallly intended to get the ball and return it) and today it came right to him. He picked the ball up and wasn't quite sure what to do. Brett tells him over and over that he's on the kickoff return team and if he happens to get the ball DO NOT run with it, just jump on the ball. So Cade picks up the ball and is standing there like a deer in the headlights and he got pummeled. They knocked him right on his back but he didn't fumble. Yeah Cade! It was really funny. I think if he gets the ball again he'll remember to just jump on the ball. :)

After getting home from football and lunch/dinner Cade had some chill out time with the computer.
Since Maddi was a big girl at the doctor she decided she would like to make cookies for her reward. She loves to help bake and loves decorating/eating cookies so we had fun making the cookies together.

I let Maddi pick out 5 cookie cutters to use so she chose a very random assortment of a flower, butterlfy, ghost, pumpkin and heart. She did the big flower and butterfly, they're so much cuter than the rest of the cookies that I did on that sheet.

I guess Cocoa wanted in on the girl time. She doesn't really beg for people food, but she was trying to get our attention to feed her her dog food. She has been wanting to eat very early at night so she'll go bark at Maddi because she knows Maddi will feed her.
So we got the kids to bed and I showered and was drying my hair. After about 5 seconds of drying, the air went cold on my dryer. I took it to Brett but he told me the heating element is out, so all I can do is get a new dryer. I've warn a pony tail the last two days because it's been so rainy/humid and I just wanted to dry and straighten my hair so I didn't have to have a pony again tomorrow. Brett offered to go to the store to get me another dryer but seriously, have you seen the selection of hair dryers lately? I tried drying my hair (taming my fro as I so affectionately call it) with air, not hot air. Not so good. So I used my flat iron to scorch the rest of my hair dry. Tomorrow I'm going to buy 2 hairdryers so the next time my dryer goes out suddenly I'm prepared!
Today wasn't a bad day, but it's just one of those that you are glad is over. I'm off to watch the updates of the damage in Houston from Ike.


No comments: