Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Family Fun

Fall is in the air here in the midwest. It's cooled off, the Canadian geese are back, and there are plenty of fall activities to celebrate. Our neighborhood had a festival Saturday and the kids had a blast. They saw a lot of their friends and there were all kinds of fun activities like digging in hay for candy, a blow up haunted maze, pumpkin bowling and some of other activities like the ones in the following pictures.

Maddi did a good job with pin the nose on the scarecrow!
Horse riding was a big hit for the kids. Maddi thought it was pretty hilarious when the horse stopped to "do it's thing"....twice!

Love the genuine smile on her face.


Another genuine smile....LOVE it!

Cade and the horses a.. that Cade can sometimes act like. Couldn't resist!!!

Petting zoos are so funny how they have goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits, and who knows what else all running around (away from kids) together. I guess they all live together at a farm, but it always strikes me as funny to see them all in the same fence (cage).

I had Cade re-inact this photo because I missed it when it really happened. Cade was trying to pet the rabbit and the duck came up and was pecking at his bottom. It reminded me of the movie Madagascar when one of the animals says "did you just bite my butt" or something like that. I told Cade to go back and pet the bunny so the duck would try to peck at him and sure enough...as soon as Cade bent down to pet the bunny the duck wandered back over to peck his bootie. Too funny! I think if I was an animal trapped in a cage with kids petting me I'd pull something like that too.

The kids were making fun of the "baby train" until one of their friends told them how fun it was. Then they loved it and rode it over and over.
Saturday night after the fall festival Maddi had a sleepover birthday party. She wasn't sure if she was going to stay the night or not but she stuck it out and made it through the night. She did, however, request that the friends mom stay in the room with them and sweet mom that she is slept with them. The mom thinks Maddi is the sweetest kid ever. I also think she is very sweet, but I also think she is HIGH MAINTENANCE! Cade enjoyed some time alone with mommy and daddy while Maddi was at the party. We tried a new Mexican food place that several people reccomended. It was HORRIBLE! I am done trying to find some good Tex Mex. There is one place we like and we are sticking to that one place or Taco Hell when we want some good ol Mexican food.
Sunday was Cade's last regular season football game. They won so that means they are in the playoffs. I have mixed emotions about them winning. It's just that it's getting so cold at night for practice and I'm ready to be home on weeknights. I'm proud of their team for winning and making the playoffs, so hopefully we won't win too many games in the playoffs and football can be over for this year! It was cold and drizzly at the game Sunday and Cade was complaining that we didn't bring him gloves so I gave him Brett's hat to use as a hand warmer. He's making his teammate jealous that he has warm hands in this pic.

We've been BOOED....times two in one day! A fun midwest tradition is booing friends. We were "booed" twice on Sunday. We were booed again on Monday. So fun for the kids. They love trying to figure out who booed us. Boo number one.

"Boo" number 2. Didn't get pics of "boo" number three because I was at a meeting and Brett didn't get a picture. We are so thankful that we live in such a great neighborhood and the kids have made so many good friends.










1 comment:

EBD said...

I don't know that boo thing. Have we had this conversation before? Love the picture of Cade and the rear end of the horse!