We were so happy that Brett was safe in Israel and it was fun to see the pictures and hear all about his visit. He got home Friday right before the kids got out of school. He met the kids at pick up time and they were so happy to see their Daddy!

Friday Cade's class made gingerbread houses at school. I went to help out. It was very messy, but fun. Here is Cade with his pile of candy, I mean gingerbread house. I think the kids piled as much candy on as possible so they could have more candy to eat later.
Here Cade is telling Maddi which candy she can and can't eat off of the house.

Friday night we went to the clubhouse in our neighborhood for Cookies with Santa. Love how the kids are so intent on what Santa is saying. I think he was asking them if they get along or if they argue.
Brett (who hadn't showered in 36 hours because he was touring Jeruselum and then caught his flight) and the kids enjoying cookies.
Maddi enjoying hot cocoa. I've always thought it was funny that Maddi says she doesn't like chocolate but she loves hot cocoa. Cade LOVES chocolate but doesn't really like chocolate milk or hot cocoa.
The last stop at the clubhouse was the snowflake craft. They are both very focused on their creation. After cookies with Santa, Brett took Cade to basketball practice while Maddi and I stayed home and wrapped presents. We wrapped gifts for Brett, teacher gifts and gifts for cousins. It's so fun to have a little girl and spend time together doing these type of things. She is getting to be such a big help around the house and she's so fun to talk to and hang out with.
Saturday night we went to watch a park district production of Babes in Toyland. Our neighbor was in it and she did a great job. The rest of the production was not so wonderful. The kids enjoyed it and Brett and I were thinking it was pretty comical how poorly done it was so I guess we all had fun. During intermission I asked the kids to get a picture in front of the trees. I think Cade was torturing Maddi in this picture.
Friday Cade's class made gingerbread houses at school. I went to help out. It was very messy, but fun. Here is Cade with his pile of candy, I mean gingerbread house. I think the kids piled as much candy on as possible so they could have more candy to eat later.
Friday night we went to the clubhouse in our neighborhood for Cookies with Santa. Love how the kids are so intent on what Santa is saying. I think he was asking them if they get along or if they argue.
No comments:
Post a Comment