As you can see from the picture, Maddi is still fighting off eczema. Above her lip is a combo of eczema and chapped skin. She doesn't even know she does it, but she licks her lip (nervous habit?) so her lip just won't heal. It's worst when she wakes up in the morning. We put this goopy vaseline stuff on it and her eyes which makes it somewhat red and shiny. After a while it soaks in and the peeliness, shine and redness goes away. I can't say that going gluten free is a magical cure for her eczema, but it does seem to be helping somewhat. I find that I crave gluten filled foods and try to plan my meals around when Maddi won't be around. I don't want to indulge in bagels, pizza, etc. in front of her so I stuff myself full of these things and eat at places Maddi can't eat while she's at school. I think I'd starve to death if I couldn't have gluten!
That's all for now.
1 comment:
Abby does that lip licking too and drives me CRAZY!! Glad to hear the diet is helping at least a little.
Post a Comment