We are back in the swing of things with school and dance and Brett back to work. I was expecting big meltdowns this week with the kids trying to get back to their schedules, but so far things are going pretty well. Here are some things going on in the McDonald household this week:
1. Maddi is still gluten free. We've taken her off gluten to see if it will help her eczema. It will be one week of gluten free on Friday. She has been such a trooper and doesn't really complain about having to eat different foods. She's not a picky person so that helps. She rarely chooses what clothes to wear or what food to eat each day so she just kind of takes what I give her to eat and doesn't really question it. She can still have most candy so I think that makes her quite happy!
2. The kids have their holiday parties at school Friday. The last day before Christmas break was cancelled because of snow/ice. It seems so odd to be having parties right now, but the kids are sure happy.
3. Alarms... My little rooster, Cade, has been sleeping until 7:00 all week. It is so nice that he's sleeping longer. Problem is that I'm trying to wake up earlier so I'm not rushing to get the kids out the door in the morning. Cade used to be my alarm clock but now I have to set a real alarm clock so I can wake up and get ready on time. Maddi has started using an alarm clock to wake up in the morning too. So far, it's been wonderful. She wakes up right away and seems to be in a better mood. Apparently I was the one making her not a morning person! Ha ha. Why didn't we think of the alarm clock sooner?
1 comment:
So are you having to cook for her and pack special lunches? It just seems like it would be so hard to eat that way, is it? That is great she is being such a trooper!
Post a Comment