Monday, March 16, 2009

This too shall pass?


Here we are again Friday night with Maddi sleeping in the hall. Notice this time she has made her own pallet complete with pillow. She looked like she was quite comfortable sleeping there but she was right outside of Cade's door so if he were to wake up in the middle of the night she would be smashed. Once again I had to carry her back to bed and clean up her pallet. I am hoping this is one of those things that with time will pass. I just don't understand why she doesn't just lay her head down and call it a night. I guess I'm very lucky that I fall asleep within .02 seconds of my head hitting the pillow.


The rest of the weekend was very nice. The kids played outside most of Saturday and Sunday. We went to a friend's house for a first birthday celebration Saturday night. Our kids were the oldest ones there and I have to say both of them were so great with the little kids. Maddi was reading books to a 2 year old and then he was attached to her hip all night after that. She is just so kind and nurturing and kids really take to her. Cade was so great too and so patient, even letting a 2 year old girl beat him up with a balloon and jump all over him. It's so fun to see Maddi and Cade interact with younger kids.

Friday Maddi had an asthma attack at school jump roping and although she did her inhaler it didn't seem to help. She wasn't wheezing but she couldn't stop coughing. We went for allergy shots after school and they wouldn't give her the shots but she saw the allergist and we found out she officially now has asthma too. Lovely. So she is now on oral steroids as well as doing breathing treatments a few times a day for the next week. So far the steroids don't seem to make her as crazy as they do Cade, so that's a bonus. How did we have two kids with asthma when Brett and I don't have it? Supposedly if you nurse your babies they won't get allergies, eczema and asthma. Yeah, right. Didn't work that way in our house! At least now we know she does have asthma and we know what to do for her.

Picture coming soon, but it's official! Cade is now taller than Maddi! This day has been a long time coming but Maddi has kept a half inch or so on Cade and now he's hit another growth spurt and he's got her beat in height. So now he's taller, heavier, and has bigger feet, but she'll always be older!

1 comment:

Tootle Family said...

What a sweetheart she is. Mattie Sue (Stacy's daughter) did the same thing. They'd wake up in the night and find her sleepign in the hallway or on the floor next to Stacy.