Here are some weird/random things: This picture above is of our dove that visits us. It will hang out in the window above our front door from time to time. Usually for several days in a row and then it's gone again. My mom has convinced me that it is a sign of peace and we are lucky to have the dove visiting. It's still a little odd to feel like we are being watched by a bird all day.
Warning: the next picture is pretty creepy....
This my friends is Cade's "shark" tooth that was extracted Monday. It's the craziest, creepiest thing I've ever seen. Cade was very nervous but he was a champ and did so great letting them pull it out. This is the same boy who freaks out having to get his throat swabbed for a strep test so for him to let them pull his tooth out is/was a HUGE accomplishment. (he seems to be not so brave like his mommy) It was another time for me that I had to put my big girl pants on and pretend like I was handling it all just fine when really I wanted to turn my head and vomit. I don't enjoy going to the dentist myself and I certainly didn't enjoy watching him get shots, or seeing them pull and yank on the tooth, or watching them drill holes in the tooth (it was so round the pliers couldn't grip the tooth). Of course I didn't enjoy seeing all the blood once the tooth came out and it sent chills up my spine when the tooth just kept coming out because it was so HUGE! It's at least an inch long. Nothing like kicking the kid when he's down. He still feels lousy from being sick this weekend and then we took him to get a tooth pulled out. He asked the tooth fairy to leave the tooth for him so he could take it to school and show his friends. They thought it was really cool.
He still doesn't feel well, but I'm hoping once he gets off the oral steroids , today, he'll feel more like himself. He's been so irritable and weepy and whiney and not himself all week. Seems like the oral steroids do this to him. I guess they are helping his lungs but it's not helping him feel good. Poor guy.
Brett and I spent the morning driving down our street looking for our trash cans. The rain finally stopped yesterday but now it is insanely windy and cold again and our huge recycling cart (filled with recyclables) was blown 5 houses down the street. One trash can was on the other side of the street 6 houses down and the other one we couldn't find. The school is at the end of our street and there is so much trash all over the grass and playground at the school. I'm sure most of our trash from our recycling is now on public display at the school. I'm not good about shredding things and just throw it in the recycling. I think now I might be a little better about shredding so when all of our trash gets blown all over the neighborhood it's not on public display. Why does it always seem to be the most windy on trash day? It's a common problem to have to dodge trash cans as you drive around because they get blown all around.
edited to add:
Don't know why I titled this "weird Wednesday" because this all happened on Monday and Tuesday....
1 comment:
Okay... that tooth is just freaky! Sounds like you did really well with keeping your cool... I'm not sure I could have done it!
Post a Comment