This was the view out of our kitchen window Monday, April 6th. This is life in Chicago. Even though the calendar says spring and it's almost Easter, it can still be quite chilly and snowy! Luckily it all melted by the next day.
Omie sent the kids a box of Easter presents. She included some cascarones which the kids LOVE! The people here have never heard of such things in their lives and all the neighbor kids were having a great time having cascarone battles with each other. Cade was running too fast here and crashed out but he didn't cry because he wanted to continue the battle. I tried to explain to our neighbors what Fiesta is and they just don't get it. Made me miss the yummy Mexican food just talking about it.
Cade armed with his cascarones.
Maddi was more about getting as much confetti in her hair as possible rather than crack them on someone else.
Cade and Lauren were very serious about not getting hit with the eggs and they were running around like crazy hiding from each other.
When the eggs were all cracked it was time for some tug of war. Boys against girls. I think you can imagine who won.
I had to jump in and help the girls a few times.
Then it was time to dye the Easter eggs.
I was a total ding dong and forgot to put newspaper down on top of the table. How many years have I been doing this? Luckily most of the dye came out of the wood but I'm sure I ruined the finish on the table even more with so much fantastic.
Putting on the finishing touches before getting a bath and heading to bed so the Easter Bunny can come visit. Let's just say that the smell of hard boiled eggs plus the smell of vinegar from the dye is not a good combination for a pregnant mommy. I was so glad to get those eggs hidden and out of our house!
No comments:
Post a Comment