Friday, June 5, 2009

Last Day of School 2009

I just have to say that I am encouraging independence and the kids now pick out their own clothing which explains their outfits today. Maddi never wears skirts or dresses but she always likes to dress up for the last day of school.

It's hard to believe that another school year has come to an end. Today the kids had their last day of the school year. It was a half day, they got out at 11:55. When I went to pick them up the kids were running out of the school building screaming and running because they were so excited. Cade came out after the screaming group and was just about in tears because he was so sad school was over because he really likes learning and loved his teacher, Miss Provost. Then one of the last kids out of school was Maddi and she was very close to crying too because she will miss her teachers. How sweet is that? Both of my kids are so sweet and sensitive. Melts my heart. As soon as I told them I picked up Jimmy Johns for lunch and we were meeting some friends for lunch at the park downtown they were smiling and ready to start the summer. After the park Cade and I had ice cream while Maddi went to a friends. Cade and I went to the friends house later so he could join in the water fight and I visited with the mom. As soon as we got home we had dinner on the patio and then they played with neighbors until it was time for baths and bed. They said as they went to bed that they are really happy it's summertime and they had a great first day of summer.

Can't believe my little Cade man is going to be in 2nd grade. He had such a wonderful school year and he did so great. I was always so worried about having a boy with an August birthday and I wasn't sure when to send him to school. We sent him when he was barely 5 and he has done so well, it makes me feel good about our decision. He loved everything about school and was such a little sponge soaking everything up. I love reading his writing journal that they wrote in each day and will treasure it for years to come.


My Maddi girl....she is going to be in 3rd grade which is upstairs next year. That makes me feel like she is officially a "big kid" now. She had a great school year too and her teacher was so wonderful. She encouraged independence but was sensitive to the times that Maddi needed some extra TLC. Maddi liked everything social about school, including the boys. Her "boyfriend" Parker asked her to come over this summer for pizza and she is calling it a date. I tell her it is a "play" date! Maddi grew up so much this year and we are so proud of how hard she worked even though at times she wanted to give up.

We are looking forward to a very busy and fun summer!

No comments: