The kids school had Curriculum Night last night and Maddi and Cade were so excited for me to go and see the things they had prepared for me. Brett picked Maddi up from dance and then took the kids to Dippin Dots so he didn't go to Curriculum night this year. Click on the picture above to make it bigger to see my budding artist' work. When I walked in Cade's class they had put a shirt on their chair and taped their face to the back to make it look like each child was sitting in their seat. I immediately spotted Cade's artwork. Let's just say he gets his artistic talent from his mom and his least favorite thing at school is art class! He was so proud of his self portrait and I let him know I thought it was wonderful when I got home.
They also had written riddles about themselves on the back wall. He couldn't wait for me to read his and I knew right away which one was his. His read:
I have brown hair. I am tall. I am seven years old. I have one and a half sisters. I have a fish and a dog. My dad likes to yell at football players on tv.
Isn't that so cute???
Maddi had a test for me in her class. I had to guess her favorite color, food, movie, tv show, etc. I had promised her (about 100 times) that I wouldn't cheat and I didn't. Her answers were stapled behind my test and she was concerned that I would be able to see through her paper and get the right answers. She is going to grade it this morning and she is very excited to see how I did. I think I did really well because she just had to fill out something similiar for her buddy at dance. She also left me a note and then I wrote her a note back. She asked me if I wrote one back and I told her no. I lied because I wanted her to be so excited to read it. Instead, when I told her I didn't write back, she was heartbroken and almost in tears. Then I told her I really did write her but I wanted it to be a surprise so I was trying to trick her. Poor girl. Little things like that mean so much to her. It made me feel bad for the kids who will get to school today and not have a note from their parents because their parents couldn't make it last night.
The rest of the night was quite boring. The teachers gave a quick overview of what they will learn in all subject areas and went over the class schedule. Yes, they've been in school for a month now, and they're now telling us about homework, etc. I've figured it out by now, thank you very much. It's so nice to have my kids in back to back grades because I only have to learn about one new grade at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment