Saturday, November 14, 2009

Emalyn Comes Home


Sunday, November 8, at around 5:30 pm Emalyn was released from NICU and Omie brought Maddi and Cade up to the hospital lobby so they could all meet each other. Big Sister and Big Brother were so excited! Notice the sign behind them exlplaining the new visitor policy.

A close up of the sign...darn that swine flu. I think I'll always remember the swine flu outbreak of 2009.

We were all so excited to see each other!!!

Love this picture of my 3 babies.

The kids thought it was pretty cool that Emalyn would grab their fingers even though she was sleeping.

Cade was so overcome with emotions. He was crying because he was afraid he would break Emalyn.

All the special girls in my life...mom, Maddison Shea and Emalyn Faith.

I never imagined I'd have two daughters. I felt so blessed to have just one since there are so many boys in mine and Brett's families. I'm so happy for Maddi to have a sister.

Our welcome home gifts from mom, Maddi and Cade.

The cake was supposed to be for her birthday, but it had to wait for us to get home. What a great idea Omie.

Sisters...

Poor Cade man was crying again. By the next day Cade was much more comfortable and he is now totally in love with that baby girl.

Hard to believe that Emalyn will be as big as Maddi and Cade one day. My babies grew up too fast.

Emalyn reminds us so much of Maddi when she was a newborn. Maddi was showing us her double/triple chin with the tongue hanging out look that she did so well as an infant and now Emalyn does just as well. Love those girls!

1 comment:

EBD said...

How sweet! Emalyn looks so tiny, I love that curled up newborn stage. Cade crying is just priceless.