Thursday, February 4, 2010

Patience for Patients


He's all smiles now, but yesterday was a different story. Cade complained of a tummy ache and proceeded to vomit and diarrhea from about 5:30pm-10:30pm Tuesday night. He didn't always make it to the bathroom so that made it lots of fun!

Here he is showing me how he felt Wednesday. The boy didn't move from the couch the ENTIRE day. He had a high fever, but wasn't sick to his stomach any more. I got a call from the county health department asking me of his symptoms and whether he ate the cracker with butter at school the day before. They had "farm friends" come and teach them how to make butter and they got to try it out on a cracker. Apparently 15 2nd graders were absent with vomiting the next day. Since Maddi got it the next day, I don't think it was the butter making my family sick.

Notice his bowl in case he felt sick and his gatorade. He's feeling good today but still can't go to school since he hasn't been fever free for 24 hours.

Here is my other patient, Maddi. She went to bed Wednesday night perfectly fine and woke up around 1:30 am and had thrown up in bed. She threw up and had diarrhea every 15-30 minutes until about 5:30 am. I was worn out tired from getting up with her around the clock, and I'm sure she was exhausted too, but she sure isn't acting like she's tired today!

Here she is on her couch with her bowl and water bottle.

She's faking here like she's sleeping, you can see the smirk on her face. Oh, I hope everyone is better soon and Emalyn, Brett and I don't catch this nasty bug.

Here's my assistant, Emalyn, waving to you from her bouncy chair. She is being a sweet girl while I'm taking care of the big kids. She has become quite the spit up girl so I end the day smelling like baby spit up, vomit and who knows what else. It's a glamorous life, being a mommmy, but I love all those little kiddos and wouldn't trade being a mom for the world. However, I am looking forward to a night out Saturday without kids and some adult conversation. Can we say STIR CRAZY!?!

They say things come in 3s and in the last 3 weeks Cade had pink eye, Maddi had strep throat and now they both have had the stomach flu. Hopefully we are on our way to good health! I haven't been able to capture Emalyn's adorable smile just yet. She has a smile that lights her whole face and it's so precious. She has starting laughing now too and you can't help but feel happy when you hear her laugh.

No comments: