This post is of a bunch of random "stuff" in random order. Starting with my 7 and a HALF year old! The kids had a half day Thursday (they have such a random calendar) so we went for allergy shots and then to lunch to celebrate Cade's half bday!
This was taken on Valentine's morning. Cade is absolutely in LOVE with Emalyn. You can see it in his eyes.
We spent Valentine's Day hanging out with the family and going to eat at Red Robin.
Brett had taken the kids sledding the day before and I thought he took pics, but I guess not. Emalyn is a little young for the sled slopes, so she and I hung out at home while the big kids and daddy spent time together.
Emalyn absolutely LOVES her bath. She kicks and squeels and splashes water all over the kitchen. Brett was trying to get pics of her but she was literally turning her head away from him as he tried taking her picture. Brett and I laugh about how creamy/pasty white she is. Poor thing hasn't seen sunlight in her short life, it's been cold and wintery. I think she looks just like Brett and I think she got his fair skin so I imagine they will be sharing the 60 sunblock together over the years.
Brett and I celebrated Valentine's Day Friday night by going to a Robert Earl Keen concert in Chicago. I couldn't get good pics with my camera, but I had to have something to remember it by. It's been ages since I've been to a REK concert, but it was fun hanging out with Brett. He sang a lot of his older songs which I knew so that was good.
My Maddi girl when we went to lunch for Cade's half bday. She came home with special valentine gifts from 3 boys! She got a stuffed animal from one, a chocolate rose from another and a big cookie from the third. She has a way with boys and they are so attracted to her. She says they are "in love with her" and I am telling her they think she's a nice girl and want to be friends. She's in 3rd grade...how will we handle her teenage years?!? Also, I took her to the ENT and her hearing is perfectly fine. Now I know she can hear me when I say "put your clothes in the hamper", "put your plate in the sink", "go get in the shower", etc!
Here's Cade at a basketball game. He is on a 2nd/3rd grade team and is probably one of the youngest boys in the league since he barely made the birthday cutoff for 2nd grade. Anyway, he looks like one of the oldest, but he needs a little time to get a little more coordinated. He's doing well and really enjoys blocking/guarding (what's it called?) more than dribbling/shooting. As soon as he gets the ball he'll pass it real quick. It reminds me of hot potatoe! We are going to watch the Texas A&M basketball team play Iowa State this weekend and he's really looking forward to watching them play.
No comments:
Post a Comment