Last Sunday we had tickets from Brett's work to go to the Chicago White Sox game. It was Father/Daughter day so there were activities before the game for the kids before the father/daughter parade. This is the Sox mascot named Southpaw. I love how Emalyn is giving him 5. So cute!
Father and oldest Daughter. My worst fear was I'd never have a daughter and just have boys (b/c there are so many boys in our families) and now we have 2 daughters! Still so crazy to think that we have 3 kids and two of them are girls. We decided since Emalyn wouldn't have a clue if she was in the parade this year we'd let Brett take just Maddi so they could have time with just the two of them. Maddi looks ghostly in the picture because I used Emalyn's sunscreen on all of the kids. It seemed to turn them white and didn't really soak in very well. I guess Emalyn's skin is so white that I never notice that it doesn't really absorb in her.
Brett took a TON of pictures on the field during the parade, here are a few of them.
The Sox dugout.
The kids favorite part of the ball game was the food! I think we all enjoyed the food, actually. Maddi with nachos and Cade with pizza. They also had red rope, Maddi had funnel cake and Cade had ice cream.
Emalyn had baby food and formula with snacks of cheerios and yogurt melts. I love how she's looking at Brett while he's feeding her. So sweet.
And now she's trying to pull his lip off. Not so sweet!
It was a beautiful with not a cloud in the sky and then a big dark cloud came from nowhere and I saw people on the first base side running up the bleachers and I jumped out of my seat and ran for shelter because I knew the rain was coming. Brett and the kids laughed at me and my fear of getting wet in the rain but they joined me for shelter very quickly.
Why do both of my girls look just like their daddy and my little boy looks like his mommy?!? Funny how that works.
The kids played a little Wii baseball game at a cell phone booth and both hit home runs and got a free White Sox bag. Fun way to get a free souveneir.
When we were walking back to the car, Cade wanted to try out the outfield shower.
He was surprised to find out it actually worked!
This sign tells about the shower. They actually brought it from Comiskey Park to Cellular field. Nice way to cool off in the summer at the ball game.
By the time we got outside of the park, Emalyn had fallen asleep. She did great at her first major league baseball game.
When we got home all of the kids were asleep and pooped out. I was sleeping on the way home too. It was a fun day for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment