Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Father's Day


So, it's been a tradition since we've moved to Chicago that we go to "Texas" for Father's Day and Brett holds the kids in front of the sign. Really, it's Texas Roadhouse but we like to pretend we're in Texas. Well, this year was not easy, and I'm not sure that Brett will be able to hold all 3 kiddos next year. Cade is 84 pounds, Maddi is 72, and Emalyn is 17-18 I'd guess.

Look how big those kiddos are compared to Brett!

Cade wanted a turn to hold Emalyn too and none of the pictures of him holding her turned out that well, but here's the best one. You can only see the back of her head. I love that the kids love Emalyn so much that they fight over who gets to hold her. I do get nervous with Cade holding her sometimes but he's getting so much better.

We had a great Father's Day starting with a guest speaker at church. We like our church, and they have a wonderful children's ministry, but our pastor doesn't draw you in and catch your attention very well. He's a great person and loves God, but I wish he was a bit more dynamic. Anyway, it was such a great service and we LOVED the speaker. It really hit home with Brett and I both about parenting. After church we headed to eat at Texas Roadhouse. Then Emalyn and I took a nap and Brett took the kids to hit golf balls at the driving range. Apparently Maddi was quite entertaining as she did a turn after hitting the ball each time.

Cade had been at golf camp the week before so he was excited to show Brett what he had learned.

After golf, we went to the pool for an hour or so and then came home to eat dinner and get showers and hit the sack. Brett is such a great father and I'm so glad that he is the father of our children. We love you and appreciate you, Brett!

1 comment:

Shirley Ginn said...

Brett is an awesome father. He definitely loves his family.

Thank you for loving them and being the best daddy and husband!