Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Last Day in Boston


We kept seeing "Maddy's Car Wash" so on the last day we were going to take a picture of Madddi in front of it and take a picture of Cade in front of Bugaboo Creek restaraunt. You can see once Maddi got out of the car and realized people (who we will never see again) might see her getting her picture taken, she wanted no part of it. Silly, almost a teenager, girl!

Then we went to visit GG one last time. I love this picture how Todd and Maddi are hanging out, Emalyn is sleeping, Cade's zoning out in his own worl, and Becca is showing Grammy pictures from the wedding.

Cade was talking to GG here. I have no idea what he's telling her about, but she is listening very intently.

It's so sad that Becca was showing GG the pictures of GG's granddaughters wedding and GG had no idea who she was. However, she was very positive and said how beautiful she looked and that it looked like a nice time. I don't think I'll live to be 91 because of my family history, but I'm pretty sure I'll have no clue who or where I am either.

The kids chilled out watching a movie for mmmmmm 10 minutes maybe before they were back to their hyper selves.

GG and Emalyn sharing a moment.

GG with her daughter and grandkids.

Now with her great grand children too.

Now with her grand daughters in law too (is there such a thing as grand daughter in law?).

The kids playing the piano from the back.....

.....Now from the front.

Emalyn trying to rip the lollipop out of Cade's mouth. She hasn't had a sucker yet. I'm waiting for a time of desperate measures!

Everyone eating a lollipop with GG. GG used to LOVE candy. Now she didn't even know what to do with a lollipop. Sad, sad, sad....

Joel's family with GG.

Rebecca with her neices.

Will and Cade being boys, playing tackle.

Notice the girls were just sitting on the couch like little ladies. Ha ha!

Joel with his Mini Me, Will. Will was in time out in the corner for something he did to Cade. I think he hit Cade or something like that. I couldn't believe Will just stood in the corner for his time out.

After saying our goodbyes to GG, we went to a furniture store called Jordan's. Brett's cousins told us about it and it sounded like fun. They have a Jelly Belly store and all kinds of Jelly Belly creations.

They have the green monster (Red Sox mascot) eating a Yankee player as you go up the escalator to the furniture part of the store. We never actually went to see any furniture, but the kids rode the escalators a few times.

They even had a trapeze school!!! I sooooo wanted to go on the trapeze, but they were closed. Ugh....

The Jelly Belly store with Fudruckers in the background. We ate lunch at Fudruckers. Our Fudruckers by us closed so we were very happy to get to eat there.

We had ice cream at Richards after lunch. The whole ice cream sundae in the picture was made of Jelly Bellys!

They had a liquid fireworks show every half hour. We watched it before lunch and after lunch while we ate our ice cream. It was choreographed to fun music and was so pretty.

Of course Cade had to explain to me how they changed the color of the water with the lights. That boy is so much like his dad with his engineering mind.

The kiddos wanted to get a little wet from the spray. They also had an IMAX theater at this furniture store. Such a crazy concept to have all these things at a furniture store, but it was sure fun.

Then we went back to Amy's house and talked and the kids played for a while before our family headed back to the airport. The rest of the McDonalds stayed until Thursday. Our flight home was smooth and uneventful. Maddi and Cade sat by each other and watched the movie that was playing. Brett and I sat together with Emalyn and she slept the entire flight. We all had a great time in Boston!

No comments: