Sunday, October 10, 2010

Running and Scarecrows


Friday the kids had a Fun Run at school for their school fundraiser. Maddi's class was the last in their grade to start and she was near the end of the pack and after the first lap around the school she was almost at the front of the pack. She thought it was a race and was passing everyone trying to win the race. She thought it was 2 laps around the school.

It was actaually 20 minutes of running and she ended up doing 8 laps. Probably about 1 1/2 to 2 miles! After a few laps, most of the kids would run really fast when they were by the parents and then they'd walk around the rest of the way until they got back to the parents and then they'd run really fast. So funny!

This is Cade's class with Mr. Struck, the teacher, before they started the warm ups and running. Emalyn was napping when Maddi's class started so I didn't get a picture of her class.

Cade did 8 laps in 20 minutes as well. The kids in his grade did the same thing with running in front of the parents and then walking. After school the kids were talking and they said it shouldn't be called the fun run because it wasn't fun. Ha ha!

Emalyn and her friend, Jack, were cheering their brothers on during the fun run.

Cade poured his water bottle over his head when he was finished to try and cool off.

Cade wanted to take Emma over to see his class after the race because he's a proud big brother!

Saturday we went to the Scarecrow Festival in St. Charles. We got there early when it wasn't very crowded yet and we all had a great time. First stop was for tatoos for the girls. This was Emalyn's first tatoo!

Emalyn's tatoo says "Girls Rule"! She didn't notice it for a long time, but when she finally did, she tried to pick it off.

There was a very cool Lego Train display. Apparently there is a Northern Illiinois Lego Train Club that puts this together. I don't know why, but I think it's so odd for grown men to be so "into" Legos. However, I can also see Cade as part of this club when he's old enough. Hee hee.

This is the Millenium Falcon that Cade has wanted for years. It's only like $500, not sure whey he hasn't gotten it yet.

The kids were enjoying making crafts and eating their lollipops. This was the tie dye butterfly.

Emalyn enjoyed watching all the people and I think this smile was because she saw a doggy. There were so many dogs and many of them were dressed in costumes. I can't imagine ever wanting to take my pet to a festival, but whatever, it entertained our kids.

The next craft was a pinecone bird feeder. They don't make them with peanut butter anymore, they use crisco. Too many kids have peanut allergies and they said peanut butter isn't good for the birds either. Who knew?!?

These were some of our favorite scarecrows.

Noah's Ark was mechanical and the animals popped out and talked. I'm not sure how that's a scarecrow, but it was very cool!

Cade liked the swimmer scarecrow.

We all liked Shrek!

Maddi liked the upside down scarecrow!

I liked the scarecrow that looked like me! Maddi pointed it out to me that it looked like me. It was for a store called Jeans and Cute Tops. We actually passed this store walking to the festival and I commented that it was a cute name for a store and I'd love to go back and shop there.

We all had a great time, as usual, at the Scarecrow Festival! Fall is such a great time of year here in the Midwest.

No comments: