Sunday, March 13, 2011

Some Funny Things


I've said it before, but Emalyn LOVES her baby! It was bad enough when we had to take baby everywhere but now she has to have baby and the 2 bottles. This particular day she was playing with baby, the 2 bottles, her sippy cup and a burp rag all. day. long!
She is also obsessed with the shoes she's wearing. She gets very upset when we take them off of her. Some days she'll wear other shoes, but if she sees those pink tennis shoes, she has to wear them. She loves everyones shoes, really. I took Cade to buy new tennis shoes the other day and she was wearing Cade's old shoes around the store and tried on some other shoes she got her hands on. By the way, Cade now wears a mens size 8 shoe! He just turned 8 1/2! He is going to have very big feet like his Uncles Todd and Cody.

She was sharing her burp rag with baby. Emalyn sleeps with her burp rags and I guess she was putting her baby to sleep with one too. Suffocation?

Emalyn was so proud of herself for caring for her baby.

This was Saturday morning. Brett and Maddi and Cade were watching tv and Emalyn wanted on the couch too (with her baby, of course). She set her baby like this to watch tv too. So cute! You can really tell that she is picking up so many things in her world and mimicks it all.

Maddi and Cade were playing the game, Matermind. Emalyn wanted to play too. I was surprised that she was able to manipulate the little pegs into the holes so well. Her fine motor skills have always seemed pretty keen.

Notice the bow in her hair? When she wakes up from a nap or in the morning she pats her head and says "bow". She says it like bououououw (I don't know how to type it). It's very southern and drawn out. We make her say it all the time. So the words she says now are all her favorite things, I guess: mama, dada, bubba, sissy, cocoa, and bow!

She also fake laughs and we pretended to laugh in this picture and she was copying us. She makes us laugh all the time!

No comments: