It's become a tradition for the kids to make a trap to catch a leprechaun on Saint Patrick's Day. Maddi and Cade both starting making a trap but decided to just use Cade's trap. They made it about 2 weeks before St. Patty's Day and I thought they might forget about the trap as the day got closer, but they certainly didn't forget about it. Cade knows a lot about leprechauns and said they like to break rules so Maddi wrote a sign "Don't climb the latter (spelling is not her thing)" They had rocks they colored with gold marker on top and then when he gets to the top to get the gold, the leprechaun falls in the trap.
They almost caught the leprechaun this year. The leprechaun that visits our house is named Hank. He wrote the kids clues to look for him around the house. The kids followed the clues and found that they didn't quite catch him this year but he left them some cookies, sprite, cups and $5.00 each in Maddi's backpack.

Chris came to visit Brett last weekend. Texas A&M basketball played at United Center Friday so they went to the game. They lost, so they didn't play Sunday as they were hoping they were. Saturday Brett and Chris went to play golf and I took the kids to the zoo. It was 50 and sunny and a great day to enjoy the sunshine. When we got to the zoo, this was Miss Thing. Crashed out alseep!

And this was Maddi and Cade. Crashed out too! I picked Cade up from a sleepover on the way to the zoo and the mom said that Cade and the birthday boy were the only ones who slept, and it on was for about 2 hours. Crazy! I don't understand why parents let little kids stay up all night. And that is why I will not have sleepover parties here.
I let the kids sleep for about 30 minutes once we parked at the zoo. I enjoyed sitting in the car in the sunshine and may have rested my eyes for a few minutes too. Once Emalyn woke up, I woke the other two up and we were on our way to enjoy the zoo.
The kids were hungry and cold so we ate our lunch and then went to the Children's Zoo, which is indoors. My 3 little monkeys looking at the lemurs.
Emalyn saw the lemurs and was so excited. I love the smile on her face.
Maddi's favorite part of the day was playing vet. I think Emalyn enjoyed it too. Pretend shots for the animals.
Kisses to make them feel better.
I can totally see Maddi doing something in the medical field when she gets older. I'm just not sure she could handle the sadness that can come with it.
They all enjoyed petting the guinea pig. It ended up warming up nicely and we all enjoyed our time outside at the zoo.
The bears were so cute together. It was fun to see Emalyn's reaction to all of the animals. Maddi and Cade were so great with her and are so helpful. Cade fell asleep on the way home and slept pretty much the whole day. He was so exhausted.

The next day we took Chris for some lunch and ice cream. I love to see the interaction with Cade and Emalyn. He is constantly kissing on her and you can just tell that he adores her with every bone in his body.

Emalyn is getting very fond of him too. She's always had the connection with Maddi but as Cade is getting more comfortable holding Emalyn and playing with her, Emalyn is getting more comfortable around Cade too.
Emalyn is having a hard time understanding spring in Chicago. We've had a few nice days and she's been able to swing and play outside. Well, now she wants to go outside all. day. every. day. She thinks if she has her coat on, shoes on and a bow in her hair, then she can go outside. She bangs at the back door or garage door and says "mama" over and over.
This morning it was raining and we wouldn't take her ouside and she was not a happy camper about that. It's going to be cold later this week and possibly snow again, but she'll still want to be outside. Good times....
No comments:
Post a Comment