Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fun Times

Somebody just celebrated their last birthday in their 30s! He even shared his cookies with the kids. Emma was super excited that it was "Daddas bappy"! She looks very happy to have a cookie. Funny thing is that she held onto it all night and never even took a bite.

The birthday boy with his girls.

I love this picture of those three.

Brett's dad sent him the sports themed chocolate covered strawberries and baseball cookies. The kids and I got him a Reeces Blizzard cake. We had plenty of sweets to celebrate the big birthday. All of my pictures of the kids with Brett had Emma making crazy faces at Cade. She must think he's a nutcase, they way she's always looking at him. So funny!

I love how Brett and Emma are looking at each other and smiling/laughing. She is feeling better and is back to to her happy and silly self. Soooo thankful!

Make a wish! I really can't believe Brett just turned 39. I remember my mom turning 40 and helping my dad decorate her office for her 40th. I thought she was pretty old to be turning 40. Ha! Now I realize how young 40 really is. Our gift to Brett was seeing Robert Earl Keen in Chicago Thursday night. He went with a few guys from work and stayed at our friends condo downtown. He had a great night and he deserved it. Happy Birthday Brettley!

Saturday afternoon, Cade had another baseball game. Tuesday night we froze at the game, but Saturday was beautiful! Maddi wanted to bring Cocoa, so she did. Two sweet girls cheering for their Bubba.

Cade's first at bat, he got hit by a pitch. He's had trouble hitting this season, so he was probably a little happy to get hit so he got on base.

On first base...

Now he's warming up playing first base. They were winning 13-3 after the first 2 innings but ended up losing the game.

He's playing with 4th and 5th graders and is the youngest kid on the team, so he's feeling a little down on his abilities. He looks good though :) He's doing great defensively, and hopefully his batting will improve this week after a few trips to the batting cages.

How cute are these girls?!? Emalyn loves her pigtails and asks for them all the time. She always says, "I want pigtails. Two yellow didtails." When I put them in, she looks at herself in the mirror and shakes her head side to side and smiles. Complete cuteness!

We went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. They have the perfect size ice cream cones for her. Bubba made this cone for her. She enjoyed it for a while and then had enough and said she was all done.

After dinner, we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and went for a walk. They are building a house around the corner, where they tore down the sales office. We have enjoyed going in the house to see how they are building it. Makes me sad to think back to our house we were building in Allen...and never moved into. I like it here and try not to think about what it would have been like if we had moved in that house instead of here. After our walk, Brett and Cade threw the baseball around.

Cade is pitching at the game Wednesday, so they were practicing.

Maddi and Emma played bubbles.

So much fun!


It was nice to have a low key weekend and have some quality time together as a family.

Sunday we enjoyed watching the coverage of the 10th Anniversary of 9-11. The kids had learned about it at school but still had a lot of questions. It's crazy how I can't remember what I did last week, but I remember that day like it was yesterday. Brett had work in Hickory, North Carolina and Maddi and I went with him. Maddi was 10 1/2 months old and I wasn't working, so it was easy to tag along. We ended up stranded in North Carolina for a few days but I was so thankful to be together with our little family. Such a terrible tragedy that happened. It's still hard to wrap my mind around it. I'm going to New York in a few days and I'm looking forward to seeing the memorial in person. It looks beautiful.

No comments: