Thursday, February 23, 2012

Growing Up

Things have been pretty busy around here lately, so not much time for blogging, but I had to put document what Emma's up to. She is still very interested in picking out her own clothes and is very attached to her leotards. She knows when we leave the house she can't wear just a leotard, she has to wear clothes over it, and she wants to pick out what she wears. She usually picks out one of a few dresses. One morning we were going to playgroup and she changed her dress 4 times before finally deciding on this polka dot dress complete with a necklace, bracelet, ring and a puppy clip in her hair. Brett reminds me all the time how lucky I am that she's a girly girl (so was Maddi but without the strong opinions) and not a tomboy. I have to agree, I don't know what I'd do if she didn't like her bows and jewelry, etc. She makes me paint her nails 2 or 3 times a week too. ALL girl!

The most exciting news is that Emalyn now goes tee tee on the POTTY! She has fallen in love with candy and was begging for candy all the time, especially with Valentine's Day and all the candy in the house. I told her no candy unless she went tee tee on the potty. She would say "oh, go tee tee on the potty get a prize, candy!" and I'd say "yes, do you want to go tee tee on the potty?" and she'd immediately say "NO!". She did this for a few weeks, then one night she wanted to sit on the potty and she went potty! That was Tuesday night. I made a really big deal and made a sticker chart and she got candy. As soon as she ate the candy, she wanted to go potty again. She sat on the potty for about 10 minutes hoping she could go again for more candy. She has kept her diaper dry for two days now ever since her first tee tee on the potty. She has pooped in her diaper, but I'm not complaining. Here she is eating her candy after the first time she used the potty.

Her smile tells it all. Very happy and very proud.

Here she is on the potty tonight. Yes, she is wearing her Halloween costume. Yes, she actually wore her costume to they gym tonight...with her polka dot UGG boots. She wouldn't take a nap until I put her bumble bee costume on her. Shortly after she woke up, we had to go to they gym so I could sub a class. She refused to take it off, so she wore it. Cade was very embarassed. I might have been a bit embarassed too! We love you Emalyn, crazy clothes and all, and are so proud of you for being a big girl.

No comments: