Thursday, February 9, 2012

Three on Thursday

1. Maddi has been into wearing a side pony lately and was very excited to find that Emma has enough hair to rock the side pony now too. Maddi is such a wonderful big sister to Cade and Emma. She can drive me nuts at times with how slow moving she is or absent minded (it's not all her fault, the apple doesn't fall far) but at the end of the day, it's Maddi's sweetness that's the most remembered. I keep hearing horror stories of teen attitudes and I honestly can't imagine Maddi acting that way. But...I am sure she will, at least a little bit, so I'm going to try and enjoy her sweetness as long as it lasts.
She had to write a story about her dream job in her writing class. She wrote about wanting to be a special education teacher. This is what she wrote:
Guess what? My dream job is to be a special education teacher. The reasons why I would be a good teacher are: I am good with kids, I can understand how they feel and it makes me feel happy. Would you like to help kids? I would love to help kids and let them understand things better.
First of all, I am good with kids. I have a younger brother and sister. My parents always count on me to take care of my little sister. I took a class through the park district so I know what to do with kids.
Another reason is, I can understand how they feel. I know how to be very patient with them. I will always try to help them as best as I can. They are as cute as a button when they smile.
Finally, it makes me feel happy when I help kids. I will help them until they believe in themselves. I know that I have made a change in the world when I help kids.
My dream job is to be a special education teacher. You have to be good with kids, understand how they feel and it makes me feel happy. Hmmmm....I wonder when I should start researching about it.

Maddi girl, you will make a wonderful special education teacher one day or whatever you decide to do in your life. You have a special gift and I can't wait to see what you continue to do with it!

2. This is Cade man at about 3:00 a.m. Monday night at the emergency room. He woke up with extreme abdominal pain. It was the lower left side and from some quick internet research, I had a feeling it wasn't his appendix, but he seemed to be in so much pain, that we decided it was best to get him checked out. The ER was packed, but luckily we were seen quickly. Some people were on a 3 hour wait to be seen. Crazy! After an xray and a cat scan, it was determined it was nothing more than constipation that could be treated with Miralax. He has been going regularly but apparently not removing enough. Can't wait to see our medical bill for this. At least everything is ok and there are no real problems. Cade's usually a pretty healthy kid but in the last few weeks, he's had strep threat, swimmers ear and now a trip to the ER. Hopefully he'll be healthy now for a while.

3. And this girl...oh Emalyn. What a mess she is! Some of her favorite things these days include dressing up in princess dresses and other various accessories. Here she is playing ipad with kitty ears, a wedding dress and high heel shoes. She LOVES the ipad and iphone and ipod touch. It's amazing how she finds the games she wants and plays them like she's a big kid.

Here she is this morning wearing what she wore to bed and playing ipad. I love how Bob puppy and Cocoa are watching her play ipad. She slept in a leotard, this pink dress and high heel shoes. She even woke up in the high heel shoes. She's a nut! Thankfully she let me put regular clothes on her when we went to the gym and MOPS this morning. She picked out a zebra dress with matching zebra bow and then her mis matched pink and purple shoes. This girl knows what she wants in life, for sure.
She's found herself in time out a few times lately. She does not like time out and will usually do what's asked of her to avoid time out. Like I'll say "tell Mommy sorry or you go in time out" and she'll say "I don't like time out." Then I'll tell her she has to go in time out if she doesn't say sorry and then she'll think for a second and say "sorry Mommy" or whatever. She's also trying to assert some control and trying to change situations. For example, I said "the pizza's hot" and she said "no pizza not hot, Mommy hot". Oh, the joy of a two year old. Really it's quite comical and we all laugh at her quite often.

No comments: