Sunday, October 28, 2012

Maddi lately

Maddi isn't doing dance company this year and it's been wonderful, to me, anyway. We get to see her so much more and she has time to hang out with friends. Maddi can usually be found on the trampoline perfecting her front and back handsprings, flips and walkovers. She can also be found making something in the kitchen. One day she had Jane over and Jane, Maddi and Emma were making chocolate covered pretzels. Pretzels are worthless to me, but cover them in chocolate and I'm in love!


3 sweet girls! Emma has no idea that she's lucky to have a big sister!

Jane and Maddi met in kinder when we moved here. She has always been taller than Maddi, but she has really taken off in height. Maddi is still waiting to shoot up, she's about 33rd percentile in height right now. I'd be surprised if she really ends up that short, but like I told her, I always thought it might be fun to be more on the short side.

Maddi is really going to miss her friends here. I pray she makes great friends in Texas too!

Last Friday, the junior high had Pirate night, which is a night to hang out. It was also a costume party. Maddi went as Miss Texas.

Brett and I had to laugh. She looked so pretty and glamorous and then she plopped down to buckle her shoes sitting totally un-lady like and unglamorous. Ha!

Maddi's friend, Maddie, went as Miss Hawaii. They did their own makeup and I helped with their hair. It was fun. I can't believe they are old enough to be doing their own makeup. Such pretty girls, looking so grown up. Emalyn was watching them get ready and she insisted on putting her princess dress on. She also insisted on being in the pictures.

6th graders, how did that happen? Maddi and Maddie won second place in the costume contest. It was decided by peer applause. I was so happy for them. How great is that to have your peers cheering and shouting for you! They had a great night and were telling me about boys they talked to etc. I'm glad Maddi is so open and shares so much of her life with me. So far it's fun having a middle school girl.

Poor little princess got left at home all by herself! She was crying because she really wanted to go to the costume party. Get used to it Emma, Maddi will be doing all kinds of things that you're too little to do. Life of the third child...She even went to bed saying "I'm sad. I really want to go to the costume party with Sissy."

Although Emma gets left out of a lot, Maddi is so great about including Emma when she can. She always lets Emma play with her and her friends. Not sure how long that will last, but we'll enjoy it while we can.

The next morning I flew out to find a house in Texas. That night, Maddi went to a sleepover party at the dance studio. She didn't sleep the entire night! Lucky for her, they had no school on Tuesday (they have the most random days off here). Maddi spent several hours snoozing on the couch trying to catch up from lost sleep.

Maddi has really grown up this year. She is still the sweet and loving Maddi, but is just a little more mature. She's an amazing little girl and Brett and I are so proud to be her parents.

No comments: