I have been MIA, I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged! Part of the reason is because there are big changes ahead. It's now official, so I can put it out there...we are MOVING back to TEXAS!!! A brief synopsis so I can remember how fast this all happened one day...
Brett started interviewing for a position back at the end of July. He took some tests for the position while we were in Texas in August. When he went to A&M for his birthday, he stayed a day later for a face to face interview, the timing was perfect. Then he had to do some more testing in late September. You'd think this was some top secret job with all of the testing he had to go through. He finally got a call on October 8th, Columbus day, that they were going to give him an offer. They verbally gave him an offer and then asked where in Texas he was willing to move. He wanted Dallas and was open to Houston. I am not open to Houston (Houston is not a frizzy haired girl's friend) so we told them we would only take a position in the Dallas area. We were excited about the new opportunity but then were worried we might have shot ourselves in the foot as we waited to hear if there was an opportunity in Dallas. We finally heard they were happy to have them in Dallas so we put our house on the market. Actually, we might have put our house on the market before we knew the location.
We listed with an agent October 9th. It went on the market, the night of the 10th. We had our first showing Friday, the 12th. They stayed for over an hour (I was stalking them down the street waiting to come home) and I figured they liked our house, but I was shocked when we got an offer an hour later! We negotiated the deal that night. We had our house inspected the next Tuesday. I flew down to Dallas Saturday, the 20th and found a house. We are still finishing the negotiating after inspections and need to have the appraisal, but things are moving ahead and looking good. During all of this, Brett still had not officially accepted or resigned from either job. He was waiting to try and figure out dates of closings, etc. We close here December 12th and on the new house December 17th. After talking with the mortgage company this week, we found out that if Brett quit here and then started his new job in January, he'd be unemployed at closing time. Apparently that's a problem. So, he has officially resigned from his current position, with his last day November 23rd, the day after Thanksgiving. He will start his new job the Monday after that, the 26th! He has to have a pay check before we can close on the new house to show he is employed. Thankfully, his current and new employers were very open to working with us on start and end dates. He will fly back here to help us move down to Dallas.
This has been a wirl wind, but we are so, so thankful that this has all worked out as it has. We love our new house, at least I do, I'm the only one who has seen it, and we are so excited to be back "home" near friends and family. We will miss our friends here and I know it will be an adjustment for the kids, but we are excited for new beginnings.
No comments:
Post a Comment