Monday, August 26, 2013
Gotta Start Somewhere
I'm baaaacccckkkk...so I've severely neglected the blog! After moving back to Texas (home sweet home)and getting the kids settled in and Brett living in Tyler Mon-Fri for weeks on end and me going back to work part time, I just didn't have it in me to update the blog. Then I had so much to catch up on that I just gave up on it. But then this summer, I saw the kids reading our old blog books on several occasions and it inspired me to blog again. Today when I pulled out the good camera instead of just my phone to take back to school pictures, I realized the last pictures taken on it were from Cade's fifth grade graduation. That's just sad and wrong. Ugh. Anyway, I'm going to try and take more pictures and keep up with the blog. Sooo much to catch up on but forget about that...I'm starting with today...back to school 2013! Miss Maddi started 7th grade and Cade started 6th grade. Emalyn will start preschool next week. Thankfully Brett had a late start today for work and was home for pictures too. Our sweet neighbor was out for a walk and offered to take our family photo.
I will say it was not like previous years where we had a parade/party walking to school on the first day. Our new neighborhood has very few children and the school is not in walking distance. Oh well...we are back in Texas so that makes up for the lack of kids :)
As you can see, Cade is much taller than his older sister. That's ok, we say Maddi is "fun size". Funny thing is she has a top locker and Cade has a bottom locker. Weird/cool thing is their combination is almost the same Cade is 24/04/14 and Maddi's is 29/09/19. Maddi was sweet to Cade giving him the low down on the school and teachers since it's his first year there.
My pretty little almost teenager! We just had dinner with her kindergarden teacher a few weeks ago. I feel like we were just sending her to kinder. Makes me a little sad, but I'm so proud of the young lady she is becoming.
Maddi made seventh grade cheerleader and she's really enjoying it. We looked into dance company and competitive cheer last week and she decided to join a Cheer Athletics All Star Prep team. It's only one day/week for 2 hours. She's pretty excited and I'm excited that it's not a huge time commitment.
Beautiful girl inside and out! I hope Maddi has a great year in seventh grade. She enjoyed sixth grade but the move was a little hard friend wise. She's met a sweet group of girls but they've known each other since kinder and she's the newbie. She is more of a few close friends kind of girl so I hope that she can strengthen some of the friendships she has made since moving.
This little firecracker will be in 3 year old preschool starting next week. She will go Mon, Tues, Thurs from 9-2. I think she will love it. She's moving schools and will be at the school Maddi and Cade went to at her age. I'm curious if any of the same teachers are still there. They will find that Miss Thing is not so much like her brother and sister.
Not sure where my picture of Cade by himself is, but I hope Mr. Cade enjoys middle school. I think he's definitely ready. He was over elementary school last year with their childish assemblies. He's a pretty mature kid so I think he's ready for the next step. Of course it helps having a big sister who's gone ahead of him. I hope he makes more friends as well and continues to be the great student he has been. He got braces last week and started tackle football all in the same week. He has done great with both. I'm excited to see his first football game to see him in action. He lucked out and is on the Aggies!!!
The kids both had a great day at school but said it was "boring" and were exhausted tonight. They didn't fight going to bed at 7:30 at all! Here's to the start of a new school year and to renewing my blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment