Monday, December 24, 2007

Cookies for Santa

If anyone in Texas has been watching the weather in Chicago, I'm sure you're wondering how we are handling the cold, snow, and insane winds. We are staying INSIDE! The winds Sunday were so cold, so we went to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and made cookies for Santa. The movie was actually quite funny. I can remember my cousin and I dancing to the Chipmunks record years ago. Memories....

By the way, I keep wondering if the people in the Midwest have ever heard the story of the 3 little pigs. Most of the houses here are made of siding, not bricks. Don't they know the wind will huff and puff and blow our house down? The winds wip around the back of our house where our bedroom is and I'm just waiting for us to get sucked up when the sides of our house are ripped off by the winds.
Maddi and I made the dough and rolled and cut out the cookies. Cade and Brett joined us in decorating. The kids love to put as many sprinkles and candy on each cookie as possible. They each made 2 cookies just for Santa and the rest are for us to enjoy. Nothing like a sugar cookie with sugary icing topped with sugary sprinkles and candy!
So men actually can multi-task. Brett is showing his skills of yelling at the TV during the Bears game and decorating cookies. Notice his woobie (remote control) is right by his side. Men...you gotta love em! This is actually the first time Brett has helped us decorate the cookies. They are his favorite cookie, but the kids and I usually do all the decorating while he is at work. My cousin Alexa (who I used to dance to the Chipmunks with) used to come over and we would make the cookies together since it is our Grandmother's recipe. Alexa moved to Colorado and we moved to Chicago, so now Brett will take her place with the tradition. Maddi and I were quite impressed with Brett's creativity in decorating cookies.

No comments: