We have been busy getting ready for Christmas. Maddi's class made gingerbread houses which she is showing off in the picture. I helped in her class with this and it was a lot of fun. That same day we had a visit from Santa with cookies and crafts at the clubhouse. After that the kids school had a Holiday Shop at school where the kids get to go shopping on their own for Christmas presents for their family. They had a blast and were so excited about the things they bought for us. I just love the joy and excitement from the kids about the holidays.
Cade has his last game of basketball and they had a party afterwards. He is really upset that the season is over. He really seems to enjoy basketball. Of course he enjoys socializing with his friends and the snacks at the games too! He made great improvement during the season, but Brett is still wishing he had Maddi's drive and determination. He's just a little more like his mommy and more into having fun than winning or losing. Maddi is definitely a chip off Brett's block with competitiveness.
The kids have been helping me bake sweets for teachers, neighbors, and Brett's coworkers. I have finally had enough sweets that I'm sugared out for the next few days. I just don't know when to stop when it comes to cookies and sweets.
I have been very bad about taking pictures lately, but I'll get some up here soon. The kids had their class parties today and are now on Winter Break. It's definitely winter here with snow all over. It really feels like Christmas for once because we aren't wearing shorts in December.
No comments:
Post a Comment