Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fun in the Sun

The kids are going to Vacation Bible School this week and they are loving it. In true Maddi style, she was crying the first morning because she was scared to go but little brother Cade consoled her and reminded her he would be in her group and take care of her. Probably as soon as we left she stopped the tears and decided it would be fun. To be fair, here's a story typical of Cade. They are collecting money for missions at VBS so we gave each of them $10 to take for offering Tuesday. Cade wanted to keep the $10 and donate his change in his piggy bank instead. I don't know how much change he has, but I'm certain it is less than $10 since it's mostly pennies. Monday night before he went to bed, he let me pull his tooth (yeah! you know how those loose teeth bug me!). The tooth fairy gave him $2.00 for his tooth. This morning he was trying to bargain with Brett to let him give the $2.00 to church and he could keep the $10. Of course we made him take the $10 to church and hopefully he'll start to learn that not every child has the life he has been blessed with.

The first picture is not from VBS, it's from a Family Fun center that we went to Monday afternoon. The kids are doing a reading program with the library and they get free coupons for things in the area. The got to drive the bumper boats which they LOVED and I got to drive the go karts and take each of them on a ride.
Tuesday after VBS we went to the Brookfield Zoo. We watched the dolphin show which was great. Everytime I watch dolphins I'm just amazed that they are so smart. I love how dolphins always look like they are smiling. Then we rode the carousel. Cade started on the leopard and then changed to a wolf. Maddi rode a polar bear cub. We saw the polar bears swimming in their pool and playing with balls. They were so cute!


Another hi-light of the zoo trip was cooling off in the spray grounds. I love to watch the fountains and try to figure out which one will spray next.

We rode the train to the zoo because it is one of the stops on the way to the city. Everytime we see the zoo stop Cade asks when we can ride the train to the zoo. Since I knew we would be coming home around rush hour I decided today would be a good day to ride the train instead of sit in traffic. The kids found a nice tree to climb while we waited to catch the train on the way home. We don't have trees to climb in our neighborhood so this was a real treat for them.



I love my little monkeys!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is so funny about Cade working hard to keep his $10! I love that you teaching him how to be good steward with God's money! His real blessing is having you as his mom!

amy said...

I think the dolphins remind you of all those days we spent at Sea World.....back when we had no cares in the world except for checking out the guys in the water ski show!
I love how you and your kids are always doing fun things together! Ash is at tennis camp this week and next week is our VBS!!!