Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weekend

The pictures are sort of out of order, but I'm not sure how to fix it, so here it goes....Maddi had our neighbor, Grace, spend the night on Saturday. Grace is 2 years younger than Maddi and it was her first sleepover. She ended up going home at 10:00 pm since she has to sleep with the light on and Maddi can't sleep that way. Neither of them were falling asleep and Grace said she'd feel better going home. That was okay, because Maddi went to sleep anyway and when she woke up Sunday we went with Grace and her mom to see the Kit Kittridge American Girl movie. It's been nice that Maddi has been playing with Grace so much this summer because it keeps her younger and more innocent. The movie had a really good story and really hit home with times today with foreclosures and job losses. Brett and Grace's dad took Cade and her brothers to see Kung Fu Panda. I had no desire to see that movie, so I was thrilled that I got out of that one. The boys enjoyed it.
This was the week of haircuts for the youngest McDonalds. Don't you love Cade's face? He was being very obstinate and told me it hurts to take pictures and you can see from the pain in his smile. Cade was in need of a regular haircut. Maddi got 4 1/2 inches cut since she doesn't have to have her hair back for dance for a while and Cocoa was totally in need of a bath and groom.


Rookie baseball season is over. Friday night the team had a party at Cici's pizza and they got their medals and trophies. Cade's shirt was ridiculously huge and he wants to save it and wear it when he's a coach one day. He really showed a lot of improvement during the year. The last game of the year he hit a double and he was so excited. After the pizza party we went home and the kids played outside with the neighbors and they caught lightning bugs. There are so many of them here. I certainly don't remember seeing so many in Texas. Maybe because it's too hot there, I don't know. Then they had smores and ran off some more energy before we called it a night.
Saturday morning Maddi had tryouts for the dance company again. The two owners at the studio she is at are splitting up and we are trying to decide if we are staying where we were or going to the new company. There are pros and cons to each so I think we are going to have her tryout for the new company this Friday and then we will make our decision. It's like a divorce and we are having to decide which parent to live with. We have to decide for sure what she is going to do by July 28th. I will be glad when the decision is made because it's been eating me up inside.

Cade had his first sleepover with is friend Jack Saturday night. We sent him with his ipod so he could watch a movie until his friend woke up. He didn't need the ipod because Jack's brother, Liam, woke up when Cade did so they played and waited for the rest of the house to arouse. Cade did great for his first sleepover and now I'm afraid he'll be asking for one every weekend.







No comments: