Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter


I don't know what I've been doing with my time lately, but it flies by and I never seem to get anything done. I'm finally updating with pics from Easter. It was a beautiful day in the 50s with sun. Unfortunately that meant the kids still had to wear jackets with their Easter clothes, but it was warmer than it had been before and after Easter. I was really grumpy about it being cold around Easter and wasn't going to get Maddi an Easter dress. The Friday night before when I realized it wouldn't be too cold I went out and got her a dress. I felt better about not being a scrooge. Then I wished I had gotten Cade a new shirt to match her but I didn't think about it until it was too late. I wasn't sure if she would want to wear a dress or not but she was so excited to have a new dress. She hardly wears dresses anymore which makes me sad, but I guess that's the fashion for kids her age these days.

Brother and sister love. We are so thankful that Maddi and Cade are as close as they are. I can't imagine what life would be like without one or the other. Of course they have their moments, but for the most part they are just so good to one another.

My Cade man loves his holidays. He woke up at 5:30 am for the egg hunt. We sent him back to his room until 6:00. Then Maddi woke up after 6:00. She came running down the hallway shouting "Jesus is alive!!!!" It was so awesome to hear her excited about the real reason for Easter and not just about the Easter Bunny. Brett took them downstairs to see their Easter baskets and they hung out and watched tv until after 7:00 when I finally drug myself out of bed. I just don't remember getting so excited to find eggs when I was younger. I'm sure I did, I just don't remember it.

Since it wasn't too cold out, the Easter Bunny hid the eggs outside. Apparently he hid the eggs inside at all the other houses. The kids were very confused as to why nobody else was outside hunting eggs.

Now they are finding eggs in the front yard. They sure found all the eggs very quickly. It was really cute to hear them talking about how the baby will be finding eggs next year. I told them the baby will only be a 5 months old or so next year and it will be a few years before the baby can hunt with them. They thought that was pretty funny.

Here is half of their loot. They found all the eggs in the backyard first and then their baskets were full so they put those eggs inside before hunting in the front yard. The smell of hard boiled eggs and all the candy was pretty nauseating. It's the first Easter ever that I didn't have one piece of candy. Normally I'm fighting the kids for their candy. Not this year with this early pregnancy stuff.

After the egg hunt we tried to get some family pics before church. I love my boy!

I love my sweet Maddi girl!

You can see by now Cade was not loving getting his picture taken. It's amazing how hard it is to get a decent picture with the kids.

Maddi was a good sport and took a few pictures with her Daddy. Cade was not cooperating at this point.

Then Maddi even agreed to take pictures of Brett and I. Then it was off to church and then we went to brunch with a few families. It was a really good brunch. I found that I could eat the belgian waffles with strawberries and peaches and I went back for seconds and thirds for those waffles! The rest of the afternoon the kids played outside and Brett and Cade flew his new kite. It was another fun Easter!

The weekend after Easter Maddi had a dance competition again, this time in Indianapolis. We left Friday afternoon and the kids went swimming at the hotel with the other dancers and their families. I didn't take any pictures, but other moms did and I hope to get some of the pics from them. They had a great time swimming. This is a picture of some of the girls in their lyrical costume. Maddi is 3rd from the left. The girl just to the left of her reminds me of Maddi. I get them confused in pictures. They did well this weekend, but not as well as they've done at the other competitions this year.

Here is Maddi with some of her friends. She is the youngest girl at this dance company and she plays the "baby" role really well. She loves the attention of the older girls. They seem to carry her around a lot and I can't figure out if she asks to be held or if they just do it. I'm thinking she asks....my little lap child! We headed home late Saturday night instead of staying another night. We spent the day Sunday re-arranging our house. We are going to get new family room furniture so we are putting the current stuff in the formal living room which is now the office. So we're moving the office to the study which is now the game/play room. The study will be a study/play room. We also moved Maddi's furniture around in her room because she's been asking us to move the bed b/c she thinks there is a monster behind her bed the way it sat in the corner. Now maybe she'll stay in her bed since her bed is moved against the wall. I actually like the way her room looks now better than before.

1 comment:

EBD said...

I have wondering where you have been on here. I know you feel sick but you look great! Love Maddi's dress too!