We are expecting 9 new babies at our house. 7 of the 9 have hatched. There are 4 baby robbins in a nest at our front door. Today after school Maddi noticed 2 of the baby robbins on their playset have hatched. The third egg had a crack in it and the kids and neighbors watched it for about 20 minutes and saw it come out of it's egg. Well, Maddi and I missed it because she had to go to dance but Cade stayed back with our neighbors and he got to watch it. I wanted to move the nest from the playset and we never did and now I'm glad we didn't. It has been so fun for the kids to watch the life cycle and to even see a baby being born. Luckily the mama of the babies in the back is not crazy like the one in the front yard. That mama robbin will atack anyone near it's babies. The 4th baby should hatch tonight or tomorrow. That leaves just one more baby to arrive and that one won't be here until November! I have an ultrasound Friday so hopefully we'll be able to find out what the sex of the baby is and I'll post some pictures of the little one. Like Maddi said, hopefully this time the baby has arms and legs and looks like a real baby. I think she was disappointed to see it was just a blob at 8 weeks.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Babies surround us
We are expecting 9 new babies at our house. 7 of the 9 have hatched. There are 4 baby robbins in a nest at our front door. Today after school Maddi noticed 2 of the baby robbins on their playset have hatched. The third egg had a crack in it and the kids and neighbors watched it for about 20 minutes and saw it come out of it's egg. Well, Maddi and I missed it because she had to go to dance but Cade stayed back with our neighbors and he got to watch it. I wanted to move the nest from the playset and we never did and now I'm glad we didn't. It has been so fun for the kids to watch the life cycle and to even see a baby being born. Luckily the mama of the babies in the back is not crazy like the one in the front yard. That mama robbin will atack anyone near it's babies. The 4th baby should hatch tonight or tomorrow. That leaves just one more baby to arrive and that one won't be here until November! I have an ultrasound Friday so hopefully we'll be able to find out what the sex of the baby is and I'll post some pictures of the little one. Like Maddi said, hopefully this time the baby has arms and legs and looks like a real baby. I think she was disappointed to see it was just a blob at 8 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment