Cade's baseball season started Monday night. I was afraid it would get rained out but it didn't. It was 80 and very muggy on the way to the game and 10 minutes later when we got there it was 60 and insanely windy! It was not fun to sit in the bitter winds and cold, but it was fun to watch my little Cade man play. He is so much more into it this year and really wants to practice and wants instruction. He struck out his first bat and he didn't cry so that was good. Next time batting he got a hit and made it to third base. Too bad I missed it because I had to leave early to get Maddi from dance. Granted I volunteered to leave to get Maddi to get out of the cold, but I was sad to miss his hit.
My little boy is looking like a big boy and in my opinion, he wears his uniform well! His team is Houston, good to have a part of Texas with us even if it is the yuckiest town in Texas (my own opinion!).
He was putting his batting gloves on here and the boys next to him were very interested in what he was doing. Poor things were shivering on the sidelines waiting their turn to bat. Next game is Wednesday and I hope it's not so cold.
1 comment:
I love the boys of summer. There is nothing better than the smell of the grass on a baseball field,the sound of the crack of the bat hitting the ball and the cheers of the crowd. Guess I am going to have go see the Missions very soon!
Post a Comment