Thursday, September 17, 2009

Legos, Flowers and Baby

This is a random post of 3 things on my mind this morning.
1. Cade is a Lego nut! He has issues, I think. He woke up at 4:30 am because he couldn't sleep because he was so excited about finishing his new Legos he got from Grampa last night. I wish I had something I was that excited about to want to wake up that early. I think Legos Anonymous might be in his future....

From the moment I came downstairs Cade was telling me all about his Legos he built. Non-stop chatter. I try really hard to be interested in his Lego creations. These particular ones were the Power Minors and they have rock monsters that fight something else and I just don't get it!

Check out Cade's hair! It's making me lose my mind. He wanted to let it grow and I just can't handle it anymore. Brett tried to take him yesterday for a cut but there was a 30 minute wait. We are getting it cut today, no matter how long the wait is. Every morning I try to brush it and I end up having to cut some crazy callic curly part because it just won't lay down.

He's still loving his robe. Brett and I crack up all the time that he's such an old man because he wears his robe after his bath until he goes to bed and then puts it on right when he wakes up until he gets dressed.

2. Tuesday I got these beautiful flowers from the President of the company Brett is going to work for. They were to welcome me to the Morgan Services family. How great is that?!? Who does that? Certainly not the company he is currently working for. Brett kept saying that this company is not like any other company and I can totally see that. Maybe the guy felt sorry for me that all I have to do is clean out craft cabinets all day. Ha! I have a really good feeling about this next stage in Brett's career. (Notice the Lego directions and pieces on my coffee table. Ugh...the boy and his Legos!!!)

3. Baby....I'm a little over 32 weeks and today is exactly 7 weeks from the day I'm evicting Emalyn from her warm and cozy home (getting induced). I don't always wear workout clothes, it just happens that when I've thought of taking a picture of the bump I'm on my way to teach a class.

You can see my belly button is still popped. I keep thinking that mabye if I grow more it will just spread out and flatten but I don't think that's happened with my other pregnancies. Oh well. She is still as active as ever and seems to be loving her jungle gym that I call my uterus.

Here are some pictures of her room. We painted the walls Texas Sage to give her something Texan and my mom made her some pillows for her bed. Layed all over the bed are burp rags that Omie made for her too. I am so happy that I have a talented mom! Thanks mom, for all your sewing...again!

My good friend, Dusti, gave us her little girls crib bedding and I just love it. We just went with the bedding and then added our own stuff to finish the room. The letters on the wall behind the crib spell her name and Brett and the kids think they are very funny when they go in there and rearrange them to spell Melany. If you switch e with m and a with l and y with n you get Melany. It was pretty funny at first, but it's making me crazy now! Brett...are you reading this?

It feels good to have the room all finished. With 7 weeks left I'm starting to feel a little nesting settling in. I'm gonna try not to get too crazy and just enjoy the last 7 weeks of life as we know it.

2 comments:

Oleys said...

You look so cute and little!! I love her room - we haven't finished Micah's yet - I'm getting stressed about that. Hoping to go look for paint this weekend and get that done!
Congratulations on Brett's new job! What will he be doing now?

Dusti said...

The room looks great and I cannot believe how small you look at 32. We cannot wait for you to have her. I wish Bret took a job in Texas...I think Chicago will be your home.

Your friends in Texas miss you!!