Emalyn Faith at 4 months old making her funny face. She is developing her personality and it's so cute.
This is one of her favorite things to do...sleep with daddy! Brett and Emma love to spend Saturday and Sunday afternoons snuggling. It's a good excuse for Brett to veg in front of the tv and Emalyn will sleep and sleep all nestled in Daddy's arms. She was crashed out cold and snoring! Love how she only had one sock on too. If she's not in Daddy's arms napping, she'll usually only sleep for 30-45 minutes at a time in her crib, swing or carseat (if we're out). She's not really on a schedule which works fine because we're always running here or there and on the occasion that she naps a little longer, we'll usually have to wake her up to go somewhere. She just goes with the flow and does whatever we do which is great for us for now.
This is how she responds to seeing her sister, Maddi. I was taking her pictures and then Maddi walked in the room and Emalyn lit up with a big grin and turned her head to see her favorite little girl. Some of Emalyn's favorite things are her brother, sister, mom, dad, playing pat a cake, watching tv, cooing and talking, eating her fingers, and rubbing her head with her left hand.
I don't know what happened on the edge of this picture, but this shows how big she is growing. At her 4 month visit today she weighed 13 pounds 10 ounces (50th%) and was 25 1/4 inches long (90th%) Head was 50th%too. I truely wish I could freeze her at this age and not let her get mobile or grow any bigger. I just love babies and wish she could stay like this forever!!!
So she's wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. She sleeps from 9-7 but lately she's been going to sleep more around 8:15 or 8:30 and waking up around 6:00 but I sure like when she sleeps til 7:00. She has learned to roll from her tummy to back and when she wakes up she's on her back kicking her legs and staring at her fingers with her hands held together. I love to watch her on her monitor, she's just so sweet!
She loves to grab her clothes and chew on it. (Mom, I hope she doesn't continue this like Cody!)
Making herself cross eyed to get a better look at what was so tastey in her mouth.
To celebrate her turning 4 months, we let her try rice cereal. She was just hanging out with the big kids at the table waiting for her food.
Grabbing her dress to eat it again since her food didn't come yet!
First taste of cereal...she's not so sure about what just happened in her mouth.
Look at that look of digust. LOVE IT!
I think she's thinking of gagging here. Hilarious!
She's looking at me, like "what in the wide world????" Let's just say she's not a fan of rice cereal....yet!!! She had 2 tastes the first night and then would turn her head practically all the way around to avoid the spoon. A few night later I tried again and I got one spoon in willingly and then she would not let the spoon anywhere near her. She used to make a face like we were poisoning her when she'd get formula and now she'll drink it with no problem, so I think she just has to taste it several times before she'll like it. Happy 4 month Birthday baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment