One year ago we found out the very shocking and exciting news that we were going to become a family of 5. I couldn't imagine what our life would be like with a baby in tow and I wasn't so sure how we would all adjust. Well, I'm happy to say that Emalyn Faith has been a wonderful addition to our family and we can't imagine our lives without her. She is truely a blessing and so far she has lived up to the meaning of her name "peaceful home". I've had some cute conversations with Maddi and Cade lately about this sweet baby girl. Today Cade was talking so sweetly to Emalyn in the car and I told him I was so happy that he was such a good big brother. I said I knew he'd be a good brother but I had no idea that he'd be as wonderful as he is. He said he didn't know he would love her so much and he's not sure he would such a good brother to a boy. Last week I had lunch with Maddi after taking her to the dermatologist and Emalyn was sleeping the whole time. I asked Maddi if she liked it better before we had a baby, while I was pregnant or now that Emalyn is born. She really had to think about it and said she liked the unknown when I was pregnant and then she looked over at Emalyn and said maybe she liked it better after she was born then she thought maybe before baby and looked at her sister again and said "no, my final answer is I like it better after she's born." Gotta love that honesty Maddi girl!
So, we're on Spring Break and we're having fun staying in the area. Monday afternoon we made Augie's cookie recipe and decorated Easter cookies. We didn't make them at Christmas because things were so hectic with having a newborn and having so many visitors. It's a tradition that we all enjoy. Cade wouldn't cooperate for a picture so I told him I'd put one of his goofy faces on the blog, so here it is. He can see this for years to come. By the way, I ordered the books of our blog from blogtoprint.com and they came a few days ago and I LOVE THEM!!! Such great memories for our family.
Maddi takes her time and makes the cookies look so pretty.
So Monday we made cookies and the kids spent a lot of time outside with neighbors roller blading and riding their bikes. Tuesday we went to the mall and the kids did some shopping and we ate lunch at Cheesecake Factory. The rest of this week we'll go to the Shedd Aquarium, go rollerskating with friends, and go see the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie as well as spending time at home hanging out and playing with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment