Here a few pictures from Maddi's National Dance Competition this year. This is their large group jazz dance La Vida Loca. Brett's favorite part of Maddi's dances are when she leaps. This is why!
She had a solo part in the dance where she leaps, does an extension and a ponche. We stayed in Chicago this year for Nationals and although it was nice that we didn't have to travel and Brett didn't have to take vacation days, it was kind of odd and didn't really feel like Nationals. It just felt like another dance competition. Her company did well, and the senior groups did awesome, but the junior groups didn't make the finals. I have to say that I didn't really love any of her dances this year, but this jazz dance was really good. I'm ready for next year to see the new dances and excited to see if there will be some younger girls for her to dance with. She holds her own with the big girls, but it will be good for her to not always feel like she's trying to keep up. It will be good for her to be the girl the others are trying to keep up with some of the time too.
On top of dance, we also had swim meets and baseball for Cade to keep us quite busy. Cade got to pitch in a game and he did well (although I missed it because I was at a dance event). Cade continues to do great at his swim meets. He's part fish, I think. Cade also got the beginning of his orthodontic treatment which is an expander. It's been hard for him to eat food and it's hard to understand him when he talks. Next week we have to start cranking it to expand his jaw. I have a feeling that's not going to feel so well. Poor guy.
We leave for vacation tomorrow morning to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We are all so ready for some relaxation with family and not being on a schedule. I'm sure we'll have millions of pics from our vacation soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment