Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break

Spring Break was March 21st-25th and for the first 3 days, the kids played with friends, I taught classes and we just enjoyed having some down time at home. Wednesday night Omie and Al flew in and the fun started. Brett and I left for a trip to Las Vegas and Omie and Al watched the kids. The kids were thrilled that they got to see Omie and Al and Brett and I were thrilled to have some time away together.

Omie and Al were so good to the kids and took them to do all kinds of things. Here are a few pictures of some of their adventures. This was at Petland. Emalyn is just like Maddi girl and loves animals, particularly dogs. I think this was little maltese.

It looks like Maddi is showing Emalyn how to pet gently. You can see Maddi's hand in the picture. Emalyn is all smiles.

What a cute little husky. Emalyn is trying to give it a toy.

I think Cade liked this little guy. Too bad husky's don't stay small and they shed. They're so pretty.

This is the day they ventured out to the Field Museum. This picture made me laugh because they all have an interesting look about them.

I forgot the story but Al had heard about these man eating lions or something and wanted to go to the museum to see them. Apparently Cade and Al really enjoyed learning new things at the museum and Maddi was little bored and Emalyn kept my mom on her toes.

This made me laugh too of Al. He's such a nice guy. The kids really enjoyed their time with him and Omie. I am so happy for my mom that she has met such a nice man who treats her well and her children and grandchildren too.

Not sure what this is from, but I love it with the girls loving on each other. I know that Maddi and Cade were both so helpful with Emalyn while we were gone. Emalyn kind of freaked out and turned into a difficult baby and wouldn't drink her bottles and didn't want to sleep like normal. Stinker!

Emalyn also decided she wanted to wear lots of bows in her hair all the time. She tried to get me to put lots of bows in her hair when I got back, but I put a stop to that pretty quickly. Once she has a way of doing something, she wants it that way all the time. As much as I love bows in my babies hair, I'm not a fan of the head full of bows on a daily basis.

Some trampoline time before going back to school on Monday.

Brett and I got home at around midnight Monday night. Tuesday morning the kids had to say goodbye to Omie and Al before they went to school because they flew out Tuesday afternoon. Maddi looks so grown up with her Cocoa puff.

Cade enjoyed playing with is yo-yo we brought him. Al gave him some pointers on how to yo-yo better.

I am so thankful for my momma. I had no worries at all leaving my 3 babies with her. She is such a wonderful mom and grandmother!

I know my mom would have handled 3 kids alone just fine because she had 3 kids as well. However, I am so glad that Al joined her on the babysitting adventure because the kids really enjoyed spending time with him as well. They have taken to calling him grandpa at times because he treats them like a grandpa would. I'm not sure who had more fun: Brett and I getting away to Vegas, or the kids spending time with Omie and Al.

And this is how it ended! I think overall Emalyn was good, but was out of sorts for them. She still isn't quite the same and we've been back a week. Could just be a stage she's going through and the timing worked that it was when we left. There is a joke in our family about my dad's mom saying she could watch the older two kids (me and Todd) but not that third one too (Cody). I think Mom might have felt the same way at times. Ha ha. We are forever greatful to my mom and Al for taking such great care of our kiddos and can't wait to see them again in July at OMIE'S HOUSE!

No comments: