Emalyn has a cheesy grin every time she sees the camera. She is still obsesesed with wearing leotards, swimsuits and has now broadened her horizons to include costumes. Ugh! I am only letting her wear them at home now and bribe her with jelly beans to put regular clothes on when we leave the house. As soon as we get home, she starts taking her clothes off to put on a leo, swimsuit, or costume.
Cade is not terribly interested in arts or crafts, but he does enjoy coloring a few eggs each year.
Maddi took her time and loved every minute of egg coloring.
Emma would have colored 100 eggs if I had let her. She kept wanting to drop the eggs in the color so hard the color would splash out so I convinced her to put stickers on her eggs after they were all colored. Today we were at the store and I was buying eggs and she asked if we could color them. I told her she had to wait until next Easter :)
Easter morning! The kids went on a scavenger hunt the Easter Bunny left for them to find their baskets.
They found their baskets under the dining room table! Maddi and Emalyn got matching nightgowns. I was hopeful that would make Emma want to wear normal pjs and not swimsuits, etc. She wore it Easter night and she hasn't agreed to wear it again :(
Cade dove right into his Easter brownie from his basket.
Then it was time to get all pretty for the egg hunt followed by church.
Our three little blessings.
Sweet little sisters.
Check out all the eggs!
Emalyn enjoyed getting the eggs but took her time, it's like she was only going to pick up the ones she thought were pretty.
Her face makes me laugh. She wasn't thrilled that the morning dew had made the dye come off on her hand from the real eggs.
Cade figured out which eggs had money and which had candy. He was leaving the ones with candy for Emalyn.
Look, more eggs!
Then we moved to the backyard to find the rest of the eggs. The Easter Bunny had fun leaving the eggs in Emma's car, on her swingset, on the trampoline, etc.
After the kids found all the eggs, we tried to get some family pics, but the sun was so bright!
I'm just so thankful it was sunny and decently warm on Easter this year, so I'll be happy with squinty eye pictures.
Time to open the eggs and check out the goods inside. Notice Emma and her OCD way she opened her eggs.
The kids got all sugared up on candy and then it was off to church to celebrate the real reason of Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment